Burns Farm

Shaun Witts

Ski Bus
VIP Member
T6 Guru
We’ve just spent a few days staying on Burns Farm campsite (Burns Farm — Caravan Park and Campsite in the Lake District) at the foot of Blencathra near Keswick. A great site with excellent facilities (shower/toilet block). We had one of their hard standing pitches, which was a bit narrow it has to be said, with EHU and water as well as a grey water drain. The site is a mile from Threlkeld with 2 pubs (we only tried the Horse and Farrier, which was great), and there is a cycle route nearby into Keswick. Apart from the walk up Blencathra there are various other walks nearby as well as the scenic Derwent Water south of Keswick.
They seemed to have a lot of grass pitches available (no EHU I don’t think) - don’t believe the Google Maps satellite image, as that must be quite old, and they use several more fields now.
The only (minor) issue is that I gather that they use a 4G router to provide the WiFi internet access, which was only ever available in the evenings during our stay in synchronicity with the mobile signal (so no news or weather before setting off for the day in the morning).
All in all, thoroughly recommended!
They also featured on the channel 4 program “The Perfect Pitch” episode 3, which can still be found on catch-up.

2FA92B2F-2D88-4AAB-A86E-AA079AB5A168.jpeg

Blimey, it's changed a bit in the 30+ years since I stopped there on my DofE!

Looks lovely, bookmarked for future use, thanks @Shaun Witts

It’s still as good as ever.
We may have overlapped as we were there again (on a hard standing pitch with EHU - High Rigg) leaving on Saturday.
Blue trim on grill? We were on lower rigg for three nights then did one night on Thursday on high rigg

Back