Lake District Suggestions

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm sure all will be well tho. Let us know how you get on...

@Fish for a softer introduction to winter camping and the Lake District have a look at the Camping and Caravan Club Site at Keswick - it is right on the shores of Derwent Water with access to the lake but only a 5 or 10 minute walk into Keswick Town Centre for a variety of shops and places to eat/drink. We have not stayed there yet but called in to have a look whilst we were up at Ullswater for Christmas - plan is to have a stay there with the boat sometime later this year.

@Fish for a softer introduction to winter camping and the Lake District have a look at the Camping and Caravan Club Site at Keswick - it is right on the shores of Derwent Water with access to the lake but only a 5 or 10 minute walk into Keswick Town Centre for a variety of shops and places to eat/drink. We have not stayed there yet but called in to have a look whilst we were up at Ullswater for Christmas - plan is to have a stay there with the boat sometime later this year.
It’s a nice site was a few years ago though when we stayed there, word of warning though if it rains really heavy it’s quite prone to flooding.

Ravenglass Ccc is really nice as well only small and basic and the ratty pub is a stones throw away.
National trust at wasdale is another good one literally 1 road in and is well and truly in the sticks lovely scenery around there too ;)

Stuggleing to find a one night stop for friday night.. as we can't leave till 1930.

You tried here fella Campsite Lake District | Lake District Camping Holidays
Pretty close to boot/eskdale.
Thanks bud. Will give them a call today but looking at page it appears to be closed the weekend we want.

Might have to plan this one for another time.. but fingers crossed.

On a different note.. its the first time I have really looked into booking at a Caravan club site, didn't realise they were so expensive, 95£ for 3 nights(inc EHU).

Thank you tho @Northern Monkey

No worries pal yeah the CCC take your pants down :( there’s plenty of places you could stealth camp for one night ;)

Called in to have a look at that site whilst staying at Ullswater over Christmas - every intention of going back with the boat sometime later this year.

Really is a cracker Davenjo. Big but feels quiet. Facilities are great also.

Going to have a better look around today as I've only checked out Keswick so far...

Really is a cracker Davenjo. Big but feels quiet. Facilities are great also.

Going to have a better look around today as I've only checked out Keswick so far...

We stayed last week, a great location right on lakeside but is prone to flooding in wet weather. We're off to The Quiet Site Ullswater tomorrow for a VW weekend VW weekend with Live Music - The Quiet Site
upload_2019-3-7_10-26-0.png
upload_2019-3-7_10-24-55.png

Ravenglass Ccc is really nice as well only small and basic and the ratty pub is a stones throw away.
National trust at wasdale is another good one literally 1 road in and is well and truly in the sticks lovely scenery around there too ;)
Agree the NT site is remote, but in a stunning location. Nice pub at the base of Scarfell Pike. It's a bugger if you forgot your Coco Pops and have to find a shop! Small shop on site but miles away from a decent shop to buy anything. Going up the end of March walking.

Agree the NT site is remote, but in a stunning location. Nice pub at the base of Scarfell Pike. It's a bugger if you forgot your Coco Pops and have to find a shop! Small shop on site but miles away from a decent shop to buy anything. Going up the end of March walking.
Nice mate, have you walked up there before? What’s your plans.

Back