Kombi Storage ideas

Brindle

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi,

Absolutely loving the new Van in my life, but I have a couple of niggles I’m still figuring out the best way to address. One of these is storage, especially for the second row of seats, I have twin sliding doors so I can’t attach anything to them and for the kids, particularly on a long journey they have zero places to put anything or even stow a drink. I have seen the Kiravans door store but as I’ve just spent a weekend sound deadening, sound proofing and carpeting the van and doors, I don’t want to lose the benefits the extra insulation has given. I’d love to see what ingenious ideas you guys have come up with or clever products you have found to try and solve this.
Thanks in advance, picture just because I love my Van.

18AE3738-33EA-4B2D-B1F5-1474E552F86B.jpeg

Last edited:
We have a similar problem in our camper, no armrests on the Rib seat and no cup holders.

I got one of these for the near side and although it’s designed to go between the seat base I’ve fitted to the rear quarter panel.

Car Organizer, Gap Filler Pocket, Center Console Organiser, Seat Filler Gap Side Pocket Organizer Alumium Alloy Car Organizer Storage Box Armrest Holder Car Compartment Tray for Card/Drink https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082F9C...abc_VGFAAA1AEGMZBFEW9MTF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have also just got these folding cup holders although I’ve not decided where or if I’ll fit them:

2pcs Adjustable Folding Cup Drink... 2pcs Adjustable Folding Cup Drink Holder with Screws and Tapes, Adjustable Automotive Cup Holders for Car TRUCK BOAT VAN. (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

My son sits on the kitchen side and whatever he puts on the side while I’m driving often ends up sliding down the work surface while in the road.

topfit Car Dash Mat Anti-Slip... topfit Car Dash Mat Anti-Slip Cell Phone Pad Universal Smartphone Dashboard Non-Slip Silicone Rubber Gel Mat Phone Mount Holder: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I put this on the side the other day when I went to the shops and when I got back it was on the floor so looks like this is a fail!

I’m not sure if you can use any of the solutions but thought I’d share in case it gives you some ideas. I guess you could find some trays to hang off the back of the front seats as your second row would be in reach unlike ours.

We have a similar problem in our camper, no armrests on the Rib seat and no cup holders.

I got one of these for the near side and although it’s designed to go between the seat base I’ve fitted to the rear quarter panel.

Car Organizer, Gap Filler Pocket, Center Console Organiser, Seat Filler Gap Side Pocket Organizer Alumium Alloy Car Organizer Storage Box Armrest Holder Car Compartment Tray for Card/Drink https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082F9C...abc_VGFAAA1AEGMZBFEW9MTF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have also just got these folding cup holders although I’ve not decided where or if I’ll fit them:

2pcs Adjustable Folding Cup Drink... 2pcs Adjustable Folding Cup Drink Holder with Screws and Tapes, Adjustable Automotive Cup Holders for Car TRUCK BOAT VAN. (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

My son sits on the kitchen side and whatever he puts on the side while I’m driving often ends up sliding down the work surface while in the road.

topfit Car Dash Mat Anti-Slip... topfit Car Dash Mat Anti-Slip Cell Phone Pad Universal Smartphone Dashboard Non-Slip Silicone Rubber Gel Mat Phone Mount Holder: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I put this on the side the other day when I went to the shops and when I got back it was on the floor so looks like this is a fail!

I’m not sure if you can use any of the solutions but thought I’d share in case it gives you some ideas. I guess you could find some trays to hang off the back of the front seats as your second row would be in reach unlike ours.

The folding cup holders look a good idea, I reckon you could find space in the door panel to fit them, but the first time the door is opened without them being folded away. . . .

We went simple with:
A bin:
And for my son's tablet:

The kids are in the back row with no middle row, so not many options (but quiet :cool: ).

We ran out of storage in the van very quickly....it’s the camping stuff that’s the issue ...I now own two sheds :eek:

We went simple with:
A bin:
And for my son's tablet:

The kids are in the back row with no middle row, so not many options (but quiet :cool: ).
Bin ordered :thumbsup:

IMO the easiest way to optimise storage is to stop buying stuff to go in the van.
Take the basics, carry items that have multiple purposes like a bucket, this can be a bin, wash dishes, laundry, wash van, toilet with a bag liner, shower tank, receptacle for wet clothes, stool when upturned, beer cooler if the fridge is full and when stowed it can contain the small roll about items.
A squarish one is best as it packs in better.

IMO the easiest way to optimise storage is to stop buying stuff to go in the van.
Take the basics, carry items that have multiple purposes like a bucket, this can be a bin, wash dishes, laundry, wash van, toilet with a bag liner, shower tank, receptacle for wet clothes, stool when upturned, beer cooler if the fridge is full and when stowed it can contain the small roll about items.
A squarish one is best as it packs in better.
Great idea! Where can I buy one? :rofl:

We went simple with:
A bin:
And for my son's tablet:

the middle seat organiser look like a winner!!

Back