Keyless Entry Start and Exit System (Kessy) - Retrofit

Because we need to get the VIN of the CAR into the Kessy Module.
People sell this service.
From what i see they probably externaly read out an eeprom and change the VIN, that is it.
The Keys and other stuff of immobilizer are not in Kessy, they stay in ECU and Cluster.

Open Questions:
- Which Door Handles with Kessy support do fit the T5/T6 Mechanicly ?
- In my Head the Retrofit will only use the Keyles Entry option, KeylesGo will need a compleete change of the Steering column, that i am not interested in ....
no need strip down kessy to change VIN inside, it will not work
you still need adapt Kessy key , so all you can do via OBD

T6 door hande seems to be this same as Caddy , Touran and Octavia II
so there is no factory kessy door handle for that
the best one for "DIY" is Golf PLUS , because they are ony one who use pull stahlkabel to open door lock
JgUuRN.png

all other pull lock mechanism inside a door to open door, so they have no space to mount stahlkabel
9vlYEd.png

Golf PLUS door hande is too long to fit into the door
I made my door handle 4 years ago like that ,
fQe6IB.png
T6YvTM.png
EseT2A.png

you can see more pictures on movie
this is for Touran 2005

My wife's Volvo is the keyless type, we have to put her fob thing in a Faraday bag every night in case the relay thieves are about, pain in the arse.

"Furthermore, analysis of theft data recorded by Tracker reveals that 92% of the cars it recovered last year were taken without using the keys. This is an increase from 2018’s figure which stood at 88% and a worrying increase of 26% compared with four years ago. The figure in 2016 stood at 66%.

“Our data has revealed that keyless car theft continues to rise, with nine out of 10 of the stolen cars we recovered in 2019 taken this way,” explained Clive Wain, head of police liaison for Tracker.

“Thieves exploit keyless technology by using sophisticated equipment, which can hijack the car key’s signal from inside an owner’s home and remotely fool the system into unlocking the doors and start the engine. This is commonly known as a relay attack.”

To help prevent car owners falling victim to keyless car theft, traditional visual deterrents, such as crook locks and wheel clamps can help deter thieves and are a good investment to make, according to Wain."

I totally get why for some of you it's a great thing, for me it's a gimmick that compromises the security of any vehicle. How convenient is it when you have to use a "crook lock or pedal lock as well?

My concern would be that your insurer would take a dim view of this modification if the vehicle was stolen....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DXX
Good point, but stolen recovered possibly. Not sure I’d be totally happy on my van!

Money aside, I don't need the hassle associate with having it stolen in the first place, I know it could get stolen regardless but I'm not going to make it easy for them.
Keys are fine with me. I remember the first time I saw a car with remote central locking, I couldn't wait to get a car that I could unlock without putting a key in the lock! :laugh:

I agree. It makes them so easy to steal. The faff of having to keep the key in a Faraday pouch the whole time.

You will get fed up of the boot sensor thing quickly, I have this on my RRS and the dog keeps walking past the rear of the car either opening it or shutting me in the boot when I’m getting the shopping out

One thing I’m going to miss when my Tiguan goes. It’s going to seem really odd having to put a key in the ignition and physically turn it.
Same with the electric handbrake and autohold, so used to just coming to a stop, switching the engine off and jumping out, going to have to remember to pull up the handbrake lever when I get the van.
It’s funny isn’t it really, all the little gimmicks on modern cars that you don’t really need and have managed perfectly well without for years, you get used to them and then find that you miss them when you don’t have them.
Totally get you @Ali-G same issue when I switch from the Q5 to the van. Keep forgetting to take the hand brake off when I pull away. Slowly getting used to having to actually do things the old fashioned way in the van. No complaints though. ;)

I drove the GMC to the Space Centre in houston, Our friends were then going onto spend the day at the beach, at the carpark entrance we quickly hopped out, our friends juped in the front and drove off.

30 minutes later whilst emptying my pockets at security I discovered I had the only key in my pocket. I immediately called our friends who were just parking up and told then NOT TO TURN OFF THE ENGINE but come straight back to me and collect the key.

They were a bit narked but luckily did not stop the engine otherwise they would have been stranded.
I had a similar experience in my local Tesco filling station driving my wife’s “drug dealer” Disco (ie Black, tinted glass, 22” diamond polished wheels etc!) Not quite Huston Space Centre but still full of “space cadets”!!!

“Drop me at Tesco’s to pick up a few things while you fill up,” said SWMBO. I do so, pop in to the kiosk to pay and return to a car that won’t start as “Smart Key not present”!!! Do the walk of shame back to the kiosk and explain. I can’t whip out my phone and call her as I’m standing in a petrol station! Oh the evil looks I got as i trundled off to Tesco’s to locate SWMBO....!

Lovely gimmick that can have pitfalls!!!

Let's see how far, this well spent £10 = €12, will get me :whistle:

View attachment 95289

As I want to have "foot opening" of my tailgate I had to switch to VIP version :cool:.

indeks.jpeg

VIP stands for Virtual Intelligent Pedal, correct me if I am wrong :p.
VW calls this option "Sensor-controlled luggage compartment opener"

• Love
Reactions: mmi
As I want to have "the opening at the bottom" of my tailgate I had to switch to the VIP version :cool:.

[ATTACH = complete] 129337 [/ ATTACH]

VIP stands for Virtual Intelligent Pedal, correct me if I'm wrong : p.
VW calls this option "Sensor-controlled luggage opener"
Hello, I have a question concerning the kessy module, what is the procedure for changing from version E to H (coding, vin, adaptation ???). Thank you

Last edited:
Hello, I have a question concerning the kessy module, what is the procedure for changing from version E to H (coding, vin, adaptation ???). Thank you
If you change kessy module then the "basic adaption" needs to be done. Which basically means that your VIN has to be learned. This can be done quite easily with, for example xHorse iScanCar MM-007.

Back