Keyless Entry Start and Exit System (Kessy) - Retrofit

Captain Backfire

TSi, T32, Highline Kombi
T6 Pro
Has anybody installed keyless entry to their T6?
I’m not even sure if there is an aftermarket option out there...
Can anyone please enlighten me?
Cheers

I have it on my Touareg too. The wife loves it and wants it on the T6 when it arrives.
She also wants keyless start too. Not sure if that’s possible either!?

A really cool system is the Jaguar waterproof wrist band key fitted to the F-Pace. Your regular key is immobilised and you just leave it in your glove box; and the band around your wrist opens the door, and remobilises your main key.
Big advantage to people who do out door pursuits like many people on here, especially when you can't carry your key with you.

I drove the GMC to the Space Centre in houston, Our friends were then going onto spend the day at the beach, at the carpark entrance we quickly hopped out, our friends juped in the front and drove off.

30 minutes later whilst emptying my pockets at security I discovered I had the only key in my pocket. I immediately called our friends who were just parking up and told then NOT TO TURN OFF THE ENGINE but come straight back to me and collect the key.

They were a bit narked but luckily did not stop the engine otherwise they would have been stranded.

I drove the GMC to the Space Centre in houston, Our friends were then going onto spend the day at the beach, at the carpark entrance we quickly hopped out, our friends juped in the front and drove off.

30 minutes later whilst emptying my pockets at security I discovered I had the only key in my pocket. I immediately called our friends who were just parking up and told then NOT TO TURN OFF THE ENGINE but come straight back to me and collect the key.

They were a bit narked but luckily did not stop the engine otherwise they would have been stranded.
I did exactly the same in my old 5 series, when mate from work borrows it after dropping me off, left keys in pocket and noticed after he was 20mins up the road and had to come back. :D

I’ve got keyless on a couple of my motorcycles, best thing since sliced bread, not having to take gloves off etc.

I had it on my last car and I never could tell if It was properly locked as everytime I went near it it was open. The locking sounds were near inaudible although it beeped loudly at me like an old fish wife if I took the seat belt off in a private car park. I hate being nannied, especially by a machine.

‘Tis true what they say about leaving it running when the key is going walkies somewhere else though.

Pretty sure the Clifford allows for remote engine start if that helps

Being an electrician going to the van with my hands full is a very common thing, keyless entry was one of the main things I wanted, works so perfectly on the mk7 golf we had, was hoping it would be carried over to the t6, along with the auto handbrake which is amazing also. Retro fit???

There is reference to kessy inside the BCM when connected with VCDS/vagcom so guessing there is some base level compatibility there (not sure what other vehicles the BCM is compatible with) but it wouldn’t be a retrofit as it’s not an option I’m guessing you would have to buy the system from another vehicle (with same/similar BCM) and attempt to graft it on ??

Not keyless, but if I'm parking and leaving the van in supermarket car parks, motorway services or similar, I always lock the old fashioned way. Key in the barrel. These type of places are prone to tea leafs sitting with scanners waiting to capture your remote key fob frequency. In the time it takes for a pie and a pee, your chariot gets knabbed.

If nothing else, using the key in the lock once in a while goes someway to stopping it seizing up through lack of use.

There is reference to kessy inside the BCM when connected with VCDS/vagcom so guessing there is some base level compatibility there (not sure what other vehicles the BCM is compatible with) but it wouldn’t be a retrofit as it’s not an option I’m guessing you would have to buy the system from another vehicle (with same/similar BCM) and attempt to graft it on ??
I am pretty sure this is retrofitable though isn't a factory option :whistle: .

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
One thing I’m going to miss when my Tiguan goes. It’s going to seem really odd having to put a key in the ignition and physically turn it.
Same with the electric handbrake and autohold, so used to just coming to a stop, switching the engine off and jumping out, going to have to remember to pull up the handbrake lever when I get the van.
It’s funny isn’t it really, all the little gimmicks on modern cars that you don’t really need and have managed perfectly well without for years, you get used to them and then find that you miss them when you don’t have them.

So, than start Information gathering for a Kessy Retrofit.
iichel a user in the Polo Forum did a Kessy Tetrofit on his Polo 6R, which is PQ25 Plattform like the T5 GP and T6.
Link is here: retrofitting kessy to the Polo 6R - Page 4 - UK-POLOS.NET - THE VW Polo Forum
He brought us most of the know-how we need.

iichel is using a Kessy Module 5K0959434E that is a PQ35 one, wich works in PQ25, too.
Anyhow PQ35 and PQ25 share almost everything .... only the BCM and gateway are different
Short ebay,ETKA and VW Flash-Daten search brings more light into the Kessy Module.

Looks like we need the 5K0959434 Hardware, which can be updatet via Firmware to any version needed, if the rigth FW is available ...
Here we will need to try error test a lot.

VIM is a feature that we should take in mind when retroffiting Kessy
VIM is the thingy to open the boot with your foot.
And people on ebay claim that they have a KESSY with VIM Support
The device if it does have VIM hase it written on the Sticker.
So we buy an expensive one with this feature or find out how to enable it on a cheep one.
I got my first Kessy today for 17 Euro and will start dismanteling it the second is arrives.
Because we need to get the VIN of the CAR into the Kessy Module.
People sell this service.
From what i see they probably externaly read out an eeprom and change the VIN, that is it.
The Keys and other stuff of immobilizer are not in Kessy, they stay in ECU and Cluster.

So far for the Kessy Module.
In iichel's post most of the other Stuff needed is been shown.

Open Questions:
- Which Door Handles with Kessy support do fit the T5/T6 Mechanicly ?
- In my Head the Retrofit will only use the Keyles Entry option, KeylesGo will need a compleete change of the Steering column, that i am not interested in ....

Anyhow, lets get started ....

One thing I’m going to miss when my Tiguan goes. It’s going to seem really odd having to put a key in the ignition and physically turn it.
half our fleet of vehicles at home are keyless, the other half have keys. The amount of times i've got int he T6 after a few weeks of not driving it, gone to press an imaginary button on the dash......paused a while, then tried to figure out which pocket my keys were in!

So, than start Information gathering for a Kessy Retrofit.
iichel a user in the Polo Forum did a Kessy Tetrofit on his Polo 6R, which is PQ25 Plattform like the T5 GP and T6.
Link is here: retrofitting kessy to the Polo 6R - Page 4 - UK-POLOS.NET - THE VW Polo Forum
He brought us most of the know-how we need.

iichel is using a Kessy Module 5K0959434E that is a PQ35 one, wich works in PQ25, too.
Anyhow PQ35 and PQ25 share almost everything .... only the BCM and gateway are different
Short ebay,ETKA and VW Flash-Daten search brings more light into the Kessy Module.

Looks like we need the 5K0959434 Hardware, which can be updatet via Firmware to any version needed, if the rigth FW is available ...
Here we will need to try error test a lot.

VIM is a feature that we should take in mind when retroffiting Kessy
VIM is the thingy to open the boot with your foot.
And people on ebay claim that they have a KESSY with VIM Support
The device if it does have VIM hase it written on the Sticker.
So we buy an expensive one with this feature or find out how to enable it on a cheep one.
I got my first Kessy today for 17 Euro and will start dismanteling it the second is arrives.
Because we need to get the VIN of the CAR into the Kessy Module.
People sell this service.
From what i see they probably externaly read out an eeprom and change the VIN, that is it.
The Keys and other stuff of immobilizer are not in Kessy, they stay in ECU and Cluster.

So far for the Kessy Module.
In iichel's post most of the other Stuff needed is been shown.

Open Questions:
- Which Door Handles with Kessy support do fit the T5/T6 Mechanicly ?
- In my Head the Retrofit will only use the Keyles Entry option, KeylesGo will need a compleete change of the Steering column, that i am not interested in ....

Anyhow, lets get started ....
Just looking up quickly part numbers on ETKA.

Zrzut ekranu z 2020-05-11 01-37-38.png

Golf MK6 1K5837205 looks very similar but I am not sure if it is KESSY compatible.

And then there are numerous KESSY handles:
Audi A6 A7 Q7 A8 4H0837205
Tiguan 5N0837205L
Audi Q5 8T0837205A
but I am not 100% sure(yet) if these are going to be direct fit.

• Love
Reactions: mmi
On the Touareg, as well as the touch sensitive handle, there are also antennas mounted in each door and behind the centre console that “ring” the key.

Back