Kenwood DMX8019DABS interface

MartyMoose

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have just had a Kenwood DMX8019DABS fitted to my 2016 T6. Generally, I am very pleased with it, but was a bit surprised that my reverse parking sensors are no longer displayed. Also the MFD now only shows 'Audio Active' in place of the phone data etc. I understand now that the Connects2 steering wheel interface adaptor that was fitted is only the basic one (CTSVW015.2), and that there is a much more expensive one (CTUVW03) that will allow the parking sensors to be shown. It will also allow climate control and heated seats to show, but I don't have either of those so not sure if it's really worth changing it. Does anyone have any further insight on this, or possibly an alternative interface. I'd just like to be armed with a bit more information before I go back to the installers. Thanks.

I have just had a Kenwood DMX8019DABS fitted to my 2016 T6. Generally, I am very pleased with it, but was a bit surprised that my reverse parking sensors are no longer displayed. Also the MFD now only shows 'Audio Active' in place of the phone data etc. I understand now that the Connects2 steering wheel interface adaptor that was fitted is only the basic one (CTSVW015.2), and that there is a much more expensive one (CTUVW03) that will allow the parking sensors to be shown. It will also allow climate control and heated seats to show, but I don't have either of those so not sure if it's really worth changing it. Does anyone have any further insight on this, or possibly an alternative interface. I'd just like to be armed with a bit more information before I go back to the installers. Thanks.
We can supply the official Kenwood interface which is much easier to install. Uses the ’comms’ port on the back of the 8019, this displays sensors, mfd display of radio stations etc, steering wheel vol up/down, track up/down and if the climate/heated seats displayed on the oe radio then this will also be displayed.

this interface is cheaper than the CTUVW03 (which does not use the comms port but the reverse cam input, poor graphics) ,and we keep it in stock .

We can supply the official Kenwood interface which is much easier to install. Uses the ’comms’ port on the back of the 8019, this displays sensors, mfd display of radio stations etc, steering wheel vol up/down, track up/down and if the climate/heated seats displayed on the oe radio then this will also be displayed.

this interface is cheaper than the CTUVW03 (which does not use the comms port but the reverse cam input, poor graphics) ,and we keep it in stock .
I’ve got that and it’s good.

That's really useful information, thank you @Absolut5. Could you drop me a pm with the price of the Kenwood interface please. Is it a fairly straightforward swap out of the interface I've already got? I'm thinking I'll do it myself as I'm going to be installing a couple of cameras shortly, and it would make sense to do it then. Thanks for your advice.

That's really useful information, thank you @Absolut5. Could you drop me a pm with the price of the Kenwood interface please. Is it a fairly straightforward swap out of the interface I've already got? I'm thinking I'll do it myself as I'm going to be installing a couple of cameras shortly, and it would make sense to do it then. Thanks for your advice.
Will do..

Back