Optical parking sensors - Kenwood 8019

Gav101

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can throw some light on getting a few things working on my Kenwood dbx 8019 headunit.

I got a great deal on the headunit on Amazon of all places. Bought a “full fitting” kit from here VW Transporter T-6 Headunit Replacement Kit with Infodapter (this product)

Using the limited instructions I’ve got everything wired up. Headunit works but only some of the steering wheel functions work. In this case volume and mute. No phone functions, track control etc. Nor does any headunit information display on the MFD.

I’m now starting believe this kit from connects2 doesn’t allow full OPS display and information passed back to the MFD. Even though it’s advertised as being able to.

is there meant to be a cable that connects to the EXT/IF for the parking display etc?

while the steering wheel controls. I’m at a loss there. Any advice welcome.

cheers

Gav

Hi Gav

we could have supplied the genuine Kenwood- vW T6 that uses the EXT socket with one piece facia, dab adapter, fm adapter , usb retention kit for slightly less than that kit. it will display the radio station in the mfd, track, display OPS, volume up/down, track up/down, answer call on Bluetooth. Plus it’s a lot easier to install..

1B486434-7F27-47BB-8688-36DBE71D6822.jpeg

we never use the infoadapter, as found them to be a bit hit and miss, plus cost more than the genuine

I didn’t even know Kenwood did a genuine kit. How much for just the kit that utilises the EXT socket? I’ll see if I can return the connects2 as I’m not impressed with it tbh.

Hi Gav

we could have supplied the genuine Kenwood- vW T6 that uses the EXT socket with one piece facia, dab adapter, fm adapter , usb retention kit for slightly less than that kit. it will display the radio station in the mfd, track, display OPS, volume up/down, track up/down, answer call on Bluetooth. Plus it’s a lot easier to install..

View attachment 115121

we never use the infoadapter, as found them to be a bit hit and miss, plus cost more than the genuine
I didn’t even know Kenwood did a genuine kit. How much for just the kit that utilises the EXT socket? I’ll see if I can return the connects2 as I’m not impressed with it tbh.
£139.99 delivered

I did manage to get the Connects2 working (Bar the phone button) including the optical sensor. It does it's job but i am not overly impressed. Anyway i will be ordering this kit from you. Can I order it via your site? Last question, when you go into reverse does the optical display automatically come up? At present you have to hit the cam button to see it. Cheers.

The optical shows shows straight away when reverse is selected, it displays the radio station in the MFD and bluettooth call answer and Hangup

I’m getting the same issue as the OP, plus it won’t automatically switch to the reverse camera after I’ve moved the van. I also had the optical parking that used to show on my T5.1 stereo, that doesn’t show on the kenwood..

CD7E1202-7513-4C70-9139-AD84E979E740.jpeg

I’m getting the same issue as the OP, plus it won’t automatically switch to the reverse camera after I’ve moved the van. I also had the optical parking that used to show on my T5.1 stereo, that doesn’t show on the kenwood..

View attachment 122669
Do the latest firmware update to get rid of that wireless message.

you need the correct Vw - kenwood interface to display the parking sensors

Do the latest firmware update to get rid of that wireless message.

you need the correct Vw - kenwood interface to display the parking sensors
This one?

Wish I’d just gone for an OEM upgrade now.

We can supply the correct Kenwood adapter, but there is no stock anywhere of them

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

Can you still get these genuine Kenwood kits for the T6 @Absolut5
Please can you pm me price?

Last edited:
Hi
Do you have any recomendations for factory reverse camera converter to work with 8020dabs in multivan t5GP?
I’ve tried this one but it did not work
I guess that cheapest way is to replace camera but…

IMG_3526.jpeg

Hi
Do you have any recomendations for factory reverse camera converter to work with 8020dabs in multivan t5GP?
I’ve tried this one but it did not work
I guess that cheapest way is to replace camera but…

View attachment 198144
You will struggle to get any of them working .. but can help you

take a picture of the electrics from under the drivers seat looking from the rear and pm it to me

Back