K&N Air filter

Used to give amazing intake manifold roar in my Sapphire 4x4 Cosworth, with that lovely little turbo dump pressure chirp as you lifted off the throttle.

Not sure an air filter would make any noticable difference unless it was an induction kit.

Last edited:
Dry filters are fine if you want the extra intake noise (I must be getting old as I hate the things now and prefer quiet) just don't put in any oil based ones as you will get the age old MAF issues with these

I know what you mean about getting old, the first thing id consider in 20's is now the last thing I consider ha

I'm the same. Have a new T6 Caravelle petrol and want to get a performance air filter, mainly for the better noise they make but not sure if a K&N air panel will make much noise diffrence as it's not like a cone induction kit. Anyone tried one yet? Anyone know if someone does a induction kit? Iv looked everywhere.
Also long shot anyone know if there is a dump valve for a T6 petrol out there?

You are in a minority of petrol owners at the moment, so you are breaking new ground...

'Back in the day' we used to just drill a load of holes in our Air Boxes.

Probably did the engine no good but sounded grrreat!!

Been 25 years since I last used one in my MkII GTI. Trying to remember, are K&N dry filters?

Lets face it the mk2 Astra GTE with a K&N would annihilate pretty much anything ha

Had a K&N conical filter on a 4x4 sapphire cosworth; used to love shutting the throttle just to the filter tweeting like a birdie. Was great.

Back