JustKampers Insurance

SteveWM

Just thought I’d give some feedback on this company here, thanks DXX

What a disorganised shower, I’m struggling to contain my anger and frustration at the way this company is set up.

It all comes down to setting an agreed value.

Their online portal for this simply doesn’t work, it never actually submits thr information. So we end up eventually filling a separate form. This comes with a password from them and was quickly sent back. I then get a call out of the blue with no security checks asking what the password is. I tell them you sent it to me so go check, I’m not giving to you.

Off they go again, until I get another letter saying they can’t process my agreed value because they don’t have a form, Arrrgh. Even worse they say it’s market value until I give them the information.

I’m now hanging on the phone again trying to sort it out.

Totally dissatisfied and won’t be using again.

I think the name is being used by another insurance company as emails go back to Sterling Cars.

Watch your brand name JustKampers because I won’t be using your accessories site either

Just Kampers is the same company as Adrian Flux, there are probably more names in the group. They all come under Sterling which used to be Herts Insurance Co.

I might be wrong but I understood that the 'on-line application form' belongs to the actual insurers rather than Just Kampers. That said, it didn't work for me either. IIRC, after a couple of failed attemptsI just downloaded the form, filled it in, gathered all the picture and receipts and packaged the whole lot into a single PDF file that I emailed to JK - 4 weeks later I had a letter telling me that the agreed value was approved (seem to recall doing the same the year before as well!). I agree with you about the quality of the people - It's OK as long as they can stick to their pre-prepared scripts but I suspect you could get a bunch of chimps to do a better job if you want to step outside of them.

Just Krappers are well known for their crap goods, they added crap insurance when they teamed up with Adrian Flux.

I rang them up, they sent me a form, I sent it back with a load of pictures. Couple of weeks later got a message it was all done, increased value agreed (for an extra premium of course).

Have to say, I‘ve never had a problem with Just Kampers having used them for 5 years. The 2nd & 3rd years with an agreed valuation. At the last renewal, I downgraded the remap (had the hesitating Pendle map on my TSI replaced with a better one and a more realistic - not 300bhp - 248bhp) and whilst I was on hold for a few minutes waiting for an updated quote, it was all fairly painless.

Got an email saying that for my just kamper insurance there was not the option to auto renew this year and I needed to call them. Was told that the insurance companies now wanted trackers for a lot of policy’s so waited ages to get a quote on a tracker, £93 for 12 months, sent through and self installed, not s5 or whatever rated. Ok, fair enough I would look into that myself. So what are the prices both with and without the tracker (without still an option). Waited ages again then he came back and said actually the cheapest quote didn’t require a tracker or rather the quote with a tracker was higher, weird. But then was quoted 43% more than last year! Insane!

I have just went back to just kampers for my insurance as of the 2nd of January as they were able to beat brentacres renewal, got a welcome pack letter on the online portal on the 13th Dec with my policy which all looked great and they stated if they need any more documents then they will get in touch .I then get a notification on the 12th January which is 10 days after my policy begin that they are unfortunately having to raise my premium by £165.06 plus an admin fee of £35 and I have 7 days to pay ,reason being they have received confirmation that my NCD was lower than what I had stated when I got my quotation.This actually had me thinking that there may have been a possibility I have made a mistake and overestimate by a year of something.When I called them they said I only had 1 year NCD instead of the 5 that I had told them for my quotation, now I was really confused as I definitely didn't only have 1 year,when I ask were they had received this information, they stated that it was from my previous insurer called (Highway),When I said that highway wasn't my previous insurer but it was markerstudy,the girl on the phone was now confused. I then had to get hold of brentacre and they got hold of markerstudy to get a pdf letter sent to me via email that I had to then send to a sterling car email address which turned out to be Hic Herts insurance who replied to me stating there looking into my query. That night a got an email from just kampers saying (thank you for returning you motor insurance documents for you vehicle,we can now confirm wee have all the paperwork to finalise your policy). To be honest am not sure if that's just a generic email but sounds like there making out they asked for the documents to begin with. It has unfortunately not filled me with confidence in them and really hoping a don't have to use them for a claim as a don't feel it will go to plan

Back