Insurance Valuation - professional help required

Deaky

Life’s too short to drink shite beer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
After jumping through many hoops trying to get an agreed value insurance policy, this is after I’ve answered all their questions, sent photos and copies of all my receipts and fitting certificates, the underwriters now require the following

“On headed paper, clearly displaying the company name and contact details
· Vehicle Registration Number, Make & Model
· Current Mileage (on odometer)
· Description of the condition
· Relevant photographic evidence (where applicable)
· Details of any restoration work, modifications or upgrades
· Signature of the professional undertaking the valuation”

any ideas who could do this? I can’t see a VW dealer doing it :(

Probably easier to find a different insurer.
That's a good shout actually. It's very odd that that the insurer is asking for this after you've already provided the info you have.

That's a good shout actually. It's very odd that that the insurer is asking for this after you've already provided the info you have.
I suspect the insurance company is just protecting themselves incase they were scammed with a vehicle that was not as they were led to believe.

I got an agreed value of £50k for my van last month with A Plan, really easy process and did not want to see all my receipts.

Might be worth a call?

I'm also with A Plan- excellent customer service from their Thatcham team and very competitive quote.

I have an agreed value on mine of £48500. They required photographs originally but not this year; will have to provide some up to date photos next year though.

I suspect the insurance company is just protecting themselves incase they were scammed with a vehicle that was not as they were led to believe.
Having read @Deaky's build thread, I reckon it would be very difficult to value his van and the insurer simply got the jitters - hence they asked for a professional valuation.

Broker has now come back to me saying as my van is not a camper and only registered as a van with DVLA they don’t think it’s worth persuing as even with a professional written valuation they don’t think the under writers will offer agreed value cover. :mad:

Broker has now come back to me saying as my van is not a camper and only registered as a van with DVLA they don’t think it’s worth persuing as even with a professional written valuation they don’t think the under writers will offer agreed value cover. :mad:
Shameful - the underwriter should have the balls to decline your business directly instead of directing you to waste your time & money on a valuation. If you have the time/inclination (understandable if you don't), make a formal complaint directly to the insurer.

Back