Jennings passenger captains’ seat

James68

New to forum so hello to all.
Changing my VW T6.1 double passenger seat with swivel for a single captain seat in the next month or two. Looked at getting passenger captain seat from Jennings seats. Has anyone used them? Are the seats of good quality?
Also whats the average sales price for the double, its from 69 plate with black leather/Bentley stitching.

Cheers

If your location is correct on your profile, you'll struggle to sell the double for anything like its value to you. You may be better off selling the covers which are easy to ship. Or you can get its value by shipping it, but local collection will be tough to get value from

New to forum so hello to all.
Changing my VW T6.1 double passenger seat with swivel for a single captain seat in the next month or two. Looked at getting passenger captain seat from Jennings seats. Has anyone used them? Are the seats of good quality?
Also whats the average sales price for the double, its from 69 plate with black leather/Bentley stitching.

Cheers
Hi
Just interested to know - how did you get on with your sale and swap?
I've got a T6.1 with double passenger which Im looking to convert to a captains seat.
What was Jennings like?
Cheers

Hi there,

The Jennings seat was okay, its is very slightly smaller than the drivers seat but does the job fine.

I sold the double seat no problem at all.

Cheers

@James68 do you have any pictures of the Jennings seat fitted at all? how to you compare the height to the OEM seat?

I noticed this online…

I looked at the Jennings seats when I was looking for new front seats. If I'm honest I know very little about them as I couldn't find anyone on here who had one. Might be worth a post to see?

My view was that its £450 which is a saving on OEM but in reality I would need to buy the drivers too so that they matched so its more like £900 and for that I might as well go OEM. I also wanted factory swivels too so the Jennings seat was out for me personally but thats only my opinion!

I have a Jennings seat, it was a good price and a straight bolt on fit. It works fine in my layout as it is a third seat located behind the 2 front seats but the seat is a slightly different shape/ style/ arm rest to the oem and even if recovered might not be an acceptable match to the oem drivers side. Normally I would nip outside and take a pic of my seat to post but I had a full hip replacement op last week and incapable of “nipping” anywhere at the moment. Frustrating as I have a garage full of suspension and brake upgrades for my van but will have to wait till my own suspension is working.

Back