I've finally taken delivery.

Silvert

Good day folks, I've taken delivery of my van. Its a 4 Motion 199BHP van that I will use for my business as an electrician.
I took delivery without any ply lining as I wanted to insulate it before lining it out. Thats my next job. One thing that I've noticed is that the rear bumper is open to damage whilst putting things in or out of the van. Can anyone recommend a functional covering that looks good but will take the everyday knocks of being a working vehicle.IMG_3341 Modified_LI.jpg

Good day folks, I've taken delivery of my van. Its a 4 Motion 199BHP van that I will use for my business as an electrician.
I took delivery without any ply lining as I wanted to insulate it before lining it out. Thats my next job. One thing that I've noticed is that the rear bumper is open to damage whilst putting things in or out of the van. Can anyone recommend a functional covering that looks good but will take the everyday knocks of being a working vehicle.View attachment 94429
Happy new van day @Silvert

This is the one that’s on mine. Pardon the dirt.

image.jpg

Thanks for your responses.
The standard VW bumper protector looks like it will give adequate protection. I cant believe the Salesguy didnt offer me this option as he went to great lengths to sell me everything else

It is strange @Silvert such an easy sell too.

I would certainly ensure you have one fitted before you load anything into the van. Mine has saved me a fortune in bumps and drops on it.

It is strange @Silvert such an easy sell too.

I would certainly ensure you have one fitted before you load anything into the van. Mine has saved me a fortune in bumps and drops on it.
your OCD must be going off the scale at the state of your van!!! You really don't want to see how mucky mine is looking these days!!!

Omg is nuts how quick they get dirty. Thinking I may get it ceramic coated like my Q5. Still gets dirty but so much easier to clean.

One thing that I've noticed is that the rear bumper is open to damage whilst putting things in or out of the van. Can anyone recommend a functional covering that looks good but will take the everyday knocks of being a working vehicle?
A couple of option here;

I had the VW bumper protector fitted, the only freebie I got but the idiots fitted it pissed so I've got another one off them that I'll swap over myself when I have time.

Mojave is an awesome colour, so underrated - Love it.

We fit the standard VW ones, they do discolour after a couple of years though

Enjoy your new van

Thanks for your responses.
The standard VW bumper protector looks like it will give adequate protection. I cant believe the Salesguy didnt offer me this option as he went to great lengths to sell me everything else

I wasn't offered one either so was going to order one online, but I held off unitl I got the van. Opened up the rear to find one just lying there. Never get any freebies so was a surprise to find it!

I'm going to hold off fitting it for a while unitl the bumper gets damaged and then fit it. Get a little bit longer out of it then!

Back