It’s Finished. . .

I see your delightful other half is doing her famous catalogue pose again @CX16

She really should be getting paid for all this you know.

I was trying to work out the food. I thought at was a full English at first, but it looks like a jar of chutney on the table. So now I'm thinking maybe it's some kind of Mediterranean dish?
Or even a curry?

Awning fitted yesterday, full fluids change and service tomorrow and the van is finished. Now how many VW owners can say that ! Just enjoying the fruits of our labours under the new awning. Thanks for all your support.

View attachment 46498

I've not long start this (T6) journey, but on past experiences (on many different makes/models) I can honestly say "it's NEVER finished" lol

There's always people out there that make you want more... @Fish @Tourershine @StudleyGlass @BognorMotors... to name just a very few :mad: lol

Have a great time using your van.

They’re right, you’re never finished. We’ve been away 87 days so far on this trip and although it’s not a long list there is plenty of things we need/want to add/change eg proper mozzie screens, camping chairs that fold up smaller and are quicker and easier to get at etc. But the joy comes from using the van and it’s always fun to play fantasy vans as you sit enjoying a beer/wine!

While I know you are all probably right about never being finished, we have had a previous Transporter and travelled extensively in Europe. We used that experience, and the contents, of the previous van to design this one. We knew what we wanted it to do, what we were going to ask of it and how we could protect it to reach those objectives. The list of things we thought were necessary to do has all been ticked off (it was a big list) and the ‘Things to do list’ is empty, so without turning this vehicle into a caracture of an off road vehicle, as we have a lot of plans for the next ten years, we feel we are ready. As I have said elsewhere I won’t be posting for a while, enjoy your summer, and may the sun shine on you. We are planning to visit a few shows next year so hopefully will be able to meet you all in the flesh and we can swap stories of our various adventures. . .
Adios

Back