Issues lowering T6 with ABT

p6raf

T6 Pro
My T6 is used for my wheelchair bound son.
I plan to get an air ride kit fitted to enable me to drop in as low as possible to enable easier wheelchair access.
However, I've just noticed my lovely ABT bumper flares down at the edges quite significantly. The corners sit about 3 or 4 inches lower than the rest of the van. This will massively limit the amount the van can be lowered.
Has anyone else here had this issue ?
I think the only way forward will be for a body shop to cut some of the bumper down to make it more level. I don't really want to change the bumper.

20220423_125017.jpg

20220423_155643.jpg

I think my van is sitting a few mm’s lower now due to the age of the springs since that picture was taken.

Let me take a fresh close-up this morning and you can then see how much clearance you’ll have left on air @p6raf

If you are going to go down the air suspension route you can set one of the buttons on the control pad to air out just the rear of your van and leave the front at the standard level hence not having to worry about the front spoiler becoming damaged. Would you be providing access for your sons wheelchair via the rear. If so this would be the solution.

I hope this helps.

PS: if you want I can take an image of my T6 with the rear aired out and the front still at standard height.

If you are going to go down the air suspension route you can set one of the buttons on the control pad to air out just the rear of your van and leave the front at the standard level hence not having to worry about the front spoiler becoming damaged. Would you be providing access for your sons wheelchair via the rear. If so this would be the solution.

I hope this helps.

PS: if you want I can take an image of my T6 with the rear aired out and the front still at standard height.
On the VB air, you can also drop one side like buses do.

I believe so yes. A quick Google should confirm this. The systems are like for like so I would suggest they are the same.

Found this online, looks like you can select an axle to lower or lift on VB air.

717EF636-3071-4574-A21B-37C64B103301.png

I hope this helps.

We use the side doors for easier access. We find it gives more options especially when vehicles park behind you on the street.
But appreciate your reply.

Not sure but been advised this is the best setup...
ABP suspension
Airlift 3P management - 1/4”
Twin ABP compressors
Twin compressor wiring loom

I looked into VB but seemed to find more positive reports on Airlift 3P. I think Steve Field youtube videos sold it to me on the 3P system

Not sure but been advised this is the best setup...
ABP suspension
Airlift 3P management - 1/4”
Twin ABP compressors
Twin compressor wiring loom

I looked into VB but seemed to find more positive reports on Airlift 3P. I think Steve Field youtube videos sold it to me on the 3P system
I have the same setup apart from the 1/4” pipe work as mine is 3/8” which allows the tank to be filled quicker.

Make sure you get the quiet compressors also, they do make a lot of difference as I have just switched both mine from the standard to the quieter ones.

One last thing, you can also get the 3P app for your mobile which allows you to control the suspension from outside of the van, which is helpful.

I have the same setup apart from the 1/4” pipe work as mine is 3/8” which allows the tank to be filled quicker.

Make sure you get the quiet compressors also, they do make a lot of difference as I have just switched both mine from the standard to the quieter ones.

One last thing, you can also get the 3P app for your mobile which allows you to control the suspension from outside of the van, which is helpful.
Quiet compressors is something really important to me. My sons seizures are triggered by loud noises, among other things. I asked the guys at Autostyl, my nearest fitters, about using Airllen 458c compressors but was told that the ABP are just as quiet. I can only take their word for it.

Quiet compressors is something really important to me. My sons seizures are triggered by loud noises, among other things. I asked the guys at Autostyl, my nearest fitters, about using Airllen 458c compressors but was told that the ABP are just as quiet. I can only take their word for it.
So long as they are fitted with the rubber and spring mounts they are much quieter.

It would help if you get the area around where they are fitted sound deadened also.

Just a thought does anyone know of anyone local to Plymouth that can fit the needed air system?

Back