ISS and Space-related discussion

My friend saw 3 at 21.33, I just managed to catch 2 of them before they disappeared over the house. After that it’s been single satellites. Did I miss it then or what?

I saw 6 but they’re quite spaced out now
I saw 8 in total from 21.30 until 22.10, but I just assumed they were individual satellites. TBH they were so spread out I’m beginning to think I’m seeing 1 doing laps!

Where do I look this up please?
Sorry I didn’t look on here till now.

They was more spread out tonight, and not so bright, I don’t really know why?
I think they will more or less be above your head, ( straight up) going west to east.
I will try to help out more tomorrow.

I seen a few Meteors tonight already, and if anyone is wondering what the bright looking star in the West, that’s Venus.

Best night for the meteor shower is 23rd apparently. My next door neighbour has a million or so garden lights on all the time its dark. Pisses me off no end as my eyes never really get the chance to get dark adapted :( so I find anything pretty hard to spot.

Starlink satellites.. the brightest expected tonight at 9pm, then another 10:25pm.
Traveling west to east and more or less be above your head.

You may see a few Meteors tonight from about 10pm onwards, no particular direction just randomly in the sky, be at their best before dawn. :thumbsup:

TOMORROW ..
SpaceX plans Starlink satellite launch from Florida...
I don’t know the time for launch yet, but you be able to see it live on the internet, and pass over the Uk 17 minutes later.

Please remember the launch maybe stopped at anytime, but hopefully you will enjoy hearing them run through final checks, and countdown the last few seconds.

I will post time soon as I know :thumbsup:

This is from our Florida holiday last year and our trip to Kennedy Space Centre - pretty sure this is the SpaceX launch pad...amazing place. Everything is BIG!

C4162D84-147F-41B5-90DE-41A122B06C99.jpeg

Mate just sent me this link - apologies if posted already....

Have tried to run this link but it just does nothing other than say “loading”.

Out walking the dog around the village, the amount of times i’ve tripped over him because I’m staring at the sky trying to see these chuffing satellites is ridiculous. He’s probably thinking “stoopid bloody human, pay attention to where you’re walking will you!”

So I definitely just saw one but it was moving south to north and was just a single. Am I right in thinking that the Elon Musk jobbies are in a line? Or is it just time lapse photography showing them up that way?

So I definitely just saw one but it was moving south to north and was just a single. Am I right in thinking that the Elon Musk jobbies are in a line? Or is it just time lapse photography showing them up that way?
The 10:30 was a bad show tbh,
I only see one that wasn’t that bright.
The 9pm was better.. but when they go over again, keep looking where you just seen one.

The 10:30 was a bad show tbh,
I only see one that wasn’t that bright.
The 9pm was better.. but when they go over again, keep looking where you just seen one.
Sounds like you saw the same one as me then, similar time and not very bright.

Tonight..
SpaceX plans Starlink satellite launch from Florida...

launch live at 20:37.
Hopefully we will see it pass over the UK and possibly deploy 20 minutes later.
Hi @Loz , you probably know about this, but given you a shout, I know you be interested :thumbsup:

Thanks, Yea, I'm on the case, I used to regularly watch the Shuttle go over on launch and once caught it with the discarded main fuel tank trailling behind it. This will be the first time the sky has been clear enough for a starlink launch.
It's quite hard getting the timing right as none of the tracking apps knows where it is, so just have to watch out for it.
Maybe as soon as one of us see it we can post in this topic? and those interested keep an eye on the thread?

It depends on what orbit they are aiming for but there are normally 2 youtube streams, the Audio only stream shows the animated trajectory so as soon as it launches you will get an idea of where it will go over Europe.

Back