ISS and Space-related discussion

Fantastic if you got to watch Falcon 9 pass over, I think the East of the UK had better luck than us in the West.
I get more enjoyment when others see the rocket/ satellites for the first time, than I get watching them myself.

Hopefully we will be in a good timeline to see the next launch.

A link to a replay of the launch, ( Jump to 10 mins in )
STARLINK MISSION | SpaceX

thanks for the info @Loz

Fantastic if you got to watch Falcon 9 pass over, I think the East of the UK had better luck than us in the West.
I get more enjoyment when others see the rocket/ satellites for the first time, than I get watching them myself.

Hopefully we will be in a good timeline to see the next launch.

A link to a replay of the launch, ( Jump to 10 mins in )
STARLINK MISSION | SpaceX

thanks for the info @Loz
Re-watching it made more sense as to what I was actually seeing first time round, as I had missed about the 1st 10 minutes or so of the flight.

Think this might fit in this thread. Track written and performed by Public Service Broadcasting called Go. Written around the recordings of the flight controllers during the Apollo 11 mission. Catchy hook, regularly played at volume in my bus.

what does bright mean....clear sky bright
The satellites.. my thinking is like Mk1 Mk 2 , they different batches, I read they trying to make them darker, not to upset astronomers.

edit.. quick link

Last edited:
Slim chance of seeing last nights launched Starlink sats 22:26 for 2 mins

SpaceX standing down from the Starlink mission, due to tropical storm Arthur, until after launch of Crew Demo-2.

That’s targeting May27th

Back