Isofix retrofit - Front Double-Seat

James1000

T6 Guru
Has anyone got round the lack of isofix on the front bench - not ideal but I’m pre conversion hence the question?

Hi

Yes it’s a Joie Bold - allows me to use 5 point harness secured by seat belt and top tether. But at some point will have to move to a full seat belt and then I need isofix

Can I ask which type of car seat system you are using, maxi-cosi etc.?

ah yes, looked through the instruction, I can see the issue now. I was curious to see how it fixes, it's much more secure than the maxi-cosi ones.

When the seat belt becomes the main belt must the ISO fix be used? Is it worth checking with Jolie? I only ask as the M-C Rodifix we have for our 5yr old can be used without ISO fix (they make one specifically without ISO too) but then only relies on the cars seat belt.

So I am using the Seat with the seatbelt and top tether as the harnessing points - this allows the 5 point to be used by my 4 year old however this is getting tighter so want to move to isofix and top tether as harnessing and seat belt for my boy- make sense?

hasn’t arrived yet so yet to try - the bracket that is

Ok so back to the drawing board - I bought this and it would be perfect if the isofix brackets were longer to go through the seat gap - I have searched again and I bought one of the longest available at 73mm - no idea how anyone gets them to fit as most seats are much deeper - any idea where I could get one made?

17652E02-EDED-4E3F-AB54-EF38C661F2BB.jpeg

i assumed the isofix clips on the baby seat were extendable and could go partly under the seat back to meet that bracket? is that not the case? - i cant see any seat back only being 73mm!

Capture.PNG

@sparkzer

UPDATE
Thank you - I finally sorted it out, it is quite tight but this isn’t a bad thing and is now sturdy. So for anyone else I have posted some pictures with a Joie Bold attached using the ISOFIX and top tether - this means you can also secure using the seatbelt and use 5 point harness in the seat - or when your kid is older use the seat belt.

Too many seats out there allow the seat belt to hold in the child and the seat and that really concerns me!!

F5356253-1D18-4167-BCC9-7FFB9F3476C8.jpeg

D4E7C953-AC77-47D3-AA12-78FD71865D6B.jpeg

Hi all. I have a Shuttle T6 8 seater bt have rear seats removed because I am a wheelchair user. My question then, does the front captain seat have Isofix brackets on it? I know I have to turn of the airbag.
TIA

@sparkzer

UPDATE
Thank you - I finally sorted it out, it is quite tight but this isn’t a bad thing and is now sturdy. So for anyone else I have posted some pictures with a Joie Bold attached using the ISOFIX and top tether - this means you can also secure using the seatbelt and use 5 point harness in the seat - or when your kid is older use the seat belt.

Too many seats out there allow the seat belt to hold in the child and the seat and that really concerns me!!

View attachment 63038

View attachment 63039
Hi @James1000 That all looks great! I am hoping to get our van soon (eventually) and as we have Grandchildren this is very useful info for me. Can I ask did you but this one in the end?

Many thanks

@sparkzer

UPDATE

View attachment 63038

View attachment 63039

hey James what diid you actually buyvti Be able to do this? Very interested as want to do it for my T6

hiya i have one of these that i bought and then all my plans changed... i know it fits our seats all ok...
available if anyone after one...

Back