ISOFIX in front double seat?

MyOtherCarIsA

2016 T6 Caravelle Exec 204 DSG
T6 Pro
Currently have a T6 Caravelle with front captain's seats. Would like to replace the passenger seat with a double from a Transporter so that my two big kids can sit up front with me when doing journeys with just the three of us. Does anyone know if VW ever produced a front double seat with two ISOFIX points? (my mrs will have a fit if I use one of the Amazon adaptors that other folk have used)

Last edited:
Do you mean two points to fix one seat or two sets of points to fix two seats?

I'm not sure there would be the width to put two seats in. I have two on the triple bench in the Caravelle and the centre seat isn't usable in that configuration.

Two points to fix one kid seat and an ISOFIX booster seat.

We have two kid seats on the rear bench too - the middle seat is comfortably wide enough for an adult to sit in. You must have very wide kid seats, or ours are very narrow!

Currently have a T6 Caravelle with front captain's seats. Would like to replace the passenger seat with a double from a Transporter so that my two big kids can sit up front with me when doing journeys with just the three of us. Does anyone know if VW ever produced a front double seat with two ISOFIX points? (my mrs will have a fit if I use one of the Amazon adaptors that other folk have used)

If you Caravelle was sold with a single passenger seat, the dash airbag will be smaller, so the child in the middle seat wont have an airbag...that will probably concern your other half more than the adaptors.

2nd point is i don't believe any double front seats were sold with Isofix

Back