Is this van worth the advertised price?

Given the high prices at the moment and the fact its a highline (so reasonable spec) then theres a good chance thats a fair/reasonable price
As a bove it depends what engine it has and what condition its in but sounds good on the surface

I'd say it's the retail book price given year, mileage and spec these days so then it's down to history and condition like mentioned above. Get the reg and check the MOT history online looking for anything untoward like oil leaks being mentioned.

Hi everyone
Newbie ques
What are your thoughts on a 2016 lwb Acapulco blue 45k miles , barn doors , euro 5, 140 tdi
Full vw service history, cambelt just done .
On sale from a vw dealer , body

it seems 30k is the benchmark for lwb with 140-150 bhp

price is £24k ex vat
All comments appreciated

A Eu 5 engine won't suit everybody, I have a 2016 Euro 5 and it's great, but if you're thinking of going into cities in the future it's likely to cost you in terms of the ULEZ charges. Not something that will affect me but it would put off some buyers and that is likely to make it less saleable in the future too.
I'm not trying to put you off, if you are like me, not worried about resale value and have no intention of using it in cities then it may well be good value, depending on condition and equipment / options.
Good luck!

Cheers Dave
Should of mentioned it’s a Highline spec
I’m not worried about the ulez as I have a euro 6 transit for work
I do worry about resale
So good point
Cheers

Welcome!

To answer your question, (or not!) it depends on condition, service history, is it +VAT, is it Euro 5 or Euro 6 (if that may affect how you intend to use it), does it have LED lights, there are many variables and it's very difficult for anybody to say if it's good value without seeing and driving it.
But if everything stacks up, it could be a good buy!

A few pointers - at that age and mileage it should have had both a cambelt replacement and a DSG service, if the seller can't prove they've been done then budget the best part of a grand for those to be done.
Thank you for the answer, its in great condition, body perfect, Just Curious if BVRLA is bad? I looked up the history, does this mean it was rented out a lot?

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 9.20.27 PM.png

Welcome!

To answer your question, (or not!) it depends on condition, service history, is it +VAT, is it Euro 5 or Euro 6 (if that may affect how you intend to use it), does it have LED lights, there are many variables and it's very difficult for anybody to say if it's good value without seeing and driving it.

A few pointers - at that age and mileage it should have had both a cambelt replacement and a DSG service, if the seller can't prove they've been done then budget the best part of a grand for those to be done.

Welcome!

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 9.59.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 9.58.55 PM.png

In short, an extended rental. The leasing company buys the van and “rents” it to a single customer (usually) for a couple of years. At the end of the term, the customer is often given an option to buy it outright or return it to the leasing company (who usually sell on such vehicles)

Given the high prices at the moment and the fact its a highline (so reasonable spec) then theres a good chance thats a fair/reasonable price
As a bove it depends what engine it has and what condition its in but sounds good on the surface
Thank you, I think we got a good price, great condition on the outside.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 9.56.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 9.58.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 9.59.28 PM.png

In short, an extended rental. The leasing company buys the van and “rents” it to a single customer (usually) for a couple of years. At the end of the term, the customer is often given an option to buy it outright or return it to the leasing company (who usually sell on such vehicles)
OK, same as in the USA, where I am from. I thought it was to something like Hertz....which would be scary.

I am looking to buy a used 2016 VW T6 Transporter Highline automatic- 2 Front Swivel Seats Rock & Roll Bed Mileage 49,818 price is 23,000 - is this a "good buy" - any advice would be appreciated!
Seems a decent price. Make sure full VW service history. Mine is a T6 manual 102 with 12500 miles on clock and bought from new. Converted to Day Van with RIB seat bed. Fully insulated, carpet lined in Red leather. I would be asking 30K for mine.

Hi Everyone
I think I’ve seen every T6 available in the uk about 10 times over now

2019 150 Dsg highline metallic blue LWB 36k on the clock and barn doors unfortunately ( but that is the compromise )
Asking price is £29990 inc vat no room for negotiation

Full service history apparently, serviced every 12months in-house .
It belongs to a car hire/ sales company

It’s only a 140mile round trip to veiw it

Does this sound like a decent offering?

Many thanks for any comments

Hi Everyone
I think I’ve seen every T6 available in the uk about 10 times over now

2019 150 Dsg highline metallic blue LWB 36k on the clock and barn doors unfortunately ( but that is the compromise )
Asking price is £29990 inc vat no room for negotiation

Full service history apparently, serviced every 12months in-house .
It belongs to a car hire/ sales company

It’s only a 140mile round trip to veiw it

Does this sound like a decent offering?

Many thanks for any comments
We bought the one mentioned above -"2016 VW T6 Transporter Highline automatic- 2 Front Swivel Seats Rock & Roll Bed Mileage 49,818 price is 23,000" and we love the van and the price was good. We have barn doors and do not mind it all! I have looked at many vans and I cannot imagine you would get similar specs for a much lower price. If you have the service history etc. then I would say go for it. I did a background check online on ours. May be worth doing that before you drive, shows if its been in accidents etc. Only thing is I bet more go on sale as winter comes....and people want Christmas Money!

Reactions: JOG
thanks Alib66

I think you are correct, thanks for your insight .
Sometimes it’s hard to distinguish between decent price and overpriced

Many thanks

I've put a deposit down on a bamboo green highline dsg 2018 with 49000 miles
the edition has since gone up a 1000 pounds

Can anyone tell me what this van is worth:
2009 swb panel van original genuine sportline 96000 miles with one owner from new. Very good condition.

Back