Is there a female for this courtesy light connection?

Euge

2017 T6 Panel Van
VIP Member
Hi all

Does anyone know if there is a female for this connector. Stupidly when I had my pop top added, I didn’t ask for the courtesy lights pop outs but just the cable. Having changed my mind the connection is in the wrong place at the rear and I can’t get it pulled to the pop out. I was thinking of adding a female then running new cables to the pop out. The other option I suppose is to cut the connection off and rewire.

IMG_7157.jpeg

Hi all

Does anyone know if there is a female for this connector. Stupidly when I had my pop top added, I didn’t ask for the courtesy lights pop outs but just the cable. Having changed my mind the connection is in the wrong place at the rear and I can’t get it pulled to the pop out. I was thinking of adding a female then running new cables to the pop out. The other option I suppose is to cut the connection off and rewire.

View attachment 227373

Thanks, wouldn’t have found that searching the forum. I’ll order the part and see if I can make it work.

Well I got the female socket, it has no pins at all. How do I make up the connection?

Yes I got it sorted, added the pins and wires it all up.

The male socket was from EBay and came as a pack of two. Search - Fit For Transporter T5 T6 Crafter Interior Reading Courtesy Map Light Wire 2pc. That’s how it was listed.

I needed to extend the cables so I cut off the socket and re wired new ones. I suppose I could have re used the ones I cut off.

The female socket was a Vw part I looked up the part number from wiring diagram and Google searched it. The part is vw part 535972713.

The pins were also from EBay. You crimp the wire in and slide them in. 1/1.5/1.8/2.2/2.8/3.5mm Male Female Car Crimping Terminal Pin Fits VW Tyco AMP

I used flat 1.5

Hope that helps
Eugene

I’m a T6. If you have the same male end then it doesn’t matter, it’s about the plug and socket.

Yes I got it sorted, added the pins and wires it all up.

The male socket was from EBay and came as a pack of two. Search - Fit For Transporter T5 T6 Crafter Interior Reading Courtesy Map Light Wire 2pc. That’s how it was listed.

I needed to extend the cables so I cut off the socket and re wired new ones. I suppose I could have re used the ones I cut off.

The female socket was a Vw part I looked up the part number from wiring diagram and Google searched it. The part is vw part 535972713.

The pins were also from EBay. You crimp the wire in and slide them in. 1/1.5/1.8/2.2/2.8/3.5mm Male Female Car Crimping Terminal Pin Fits VW Tyco AMP

I used flat 1.5

Hope that helps
Eugene
Hi Euge,

You don’t happen to know the part number for the 1.5 flat crimp for the female socket? Appears to be three all 1.5mm wide and struggling to work out the correct pin for the socket. THANKS

Finally sorted extension of T6 rear interior lights. Avoided cutting wiring loom by using extension socket and pins.
This is three pin socket to plug into standard T6 rear interior light.

Socket, VW main dealer. Part number 535-972-713.

Crimp pins, 000979020E, ordered from Amazon.

Thanks for everyone’s help and for the detail.

IMG_0745.jpeg

Last edited:
Back