Courtesy lights not working and hazard button illuminated

roooms

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Starting to think I shouldn’t touch electrics ever again…

I’ve just removed the headlining in the rear of my LWB van as I’m sound deadening the roof. The lining has already been covered and has some speakers in the roof. In taking it down (on my own) I got a bit stuck as it’s large and heavier than normal with the speakers fitted.

The courtesy light cable in the back was under tension for a while and then popped off. I disconnect the speakers and those cables seem fine.

Now the courtesy lights (back, middle and front) won’t switch on and the hazard button is illuminated. Any ideas? Could it be a fuse? If so where is it located?

Thanks in advance!

I would disconnect starter battery for 10 minutes - to reset the BCM.

Could it be a fuse? If so where is it located?

Thanks for the help @mmi , it’s fixed!

I reset the BCM as suggested and that caused a new situation. When turning on the ignition then trying to switch a courtesy light on manually, I got the light bulb warning light on the dash.

I checked the fuse box (thanks for the guidance) and the 7.5 amp fuse was blown. Replaced that and things are back to normal.

Not sure if the BCM reset was necessary but either way we’re back to working!

Anyone know if the BCM reset also reverts any changes I made with Carista?

Thanks for the help

Reactions: mmi
More info

No doesn't change any carista items.

Just the windows will need resetting.

I reset the BCM as suggested and that caused a new situation. When turning on the ignition then trying to switch a courtesy light on manually, I got the light bulb warning light on the dash.
Not related. Internal lighting is not monitored.
Read fault codes - they pinpoint which bulb is causing the bulb warning. Any bulbs replaced with LEDs?

Anyone know if the BCM reset also reverts any changes I made with Carista?
No, it doesn't.
However, you need to recalibrate windows comfort closing - one touch closing (affects also folding mirrors).
Take the window all the way down then hold the button down for a few seconds then take window all the way up then hold the button up for a few seconds. The same for the other window.

Thanks both. I’ll keep an eye on things then. Replacing the courtesy light fuse coincided with the bulb light on the dash no longer coming on and the lights now working. I did a quick external check anyway but wasn’t too thorough. I’ll do a better one tomorrow.

Really appreciate the help. Next on the list of things to do might be ring Absolut5 and Bognor Motors for future mods/improvements :D

Reactions: mmi
I've done something similar and it’s now doing my head in!!

Blew interior light fuse, replaced fuse but still got side light warning on dash and neither interior lights nor side lights front and rear are now working :(

Have disconnected the battery for half hour reconnected everything still as it was before, no side or interior lights :-(

Do I really need to do the touch +- terminal cable together to reset this! Seems a bit overkill when replacing a fuse!

Back