Is anyone having problems with DAB reception suddenly?

Scruffy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Is anyone else suffering poor DAB reception at the moment? I've been all over the country this week and reception is poor and the auto switching to FM barely kicks in. I had a Shark fin aerial fitted when I first got the van and it's been fine, this has come on purely in the last 7 days or so.

I only commented to someone today that I thought the signal was better than it had been of late and I was in deepest darkest Wales at the time:rolleyes:

DAB on mine is cutting in and out all the time! Starting to get on my t*ts!

FM is always going to give far better coverage. That’s why the FM signals will stay on a long time more

Yes, I'm suffering poor DAB reception too. Most of the time the radio doesn't even pick up the big BBC stations. I just assumed the T6 DAB radios were rubbish.

I drove from Southampton to Newcastle on Friday and lost DAB in quite a few places on the way on the A34, A43, M1, M18 and the A1. Like others I thought it was just the crap aerial set up on the T6

Is anyone else suffering poor DAB reception at the moment? I've been all over the country this week and reception is poor and the auto switching to FM barely kicks in. I had a Shark fin aerial fitted when I first got the van and it's been fine, this has come on purely in the last 7 days or so.
have you recently added a 12vUSB adapter to the van? some are known to cause DAB interference.

So did mine until I used a decent nextbase hardwire cable, since then been no problem at all.
I'm going to have to try that then.. I've added the ferrite core rings and it hasn't improved with those.

It does seem to be worse recently. I've had enough of it constantly cutting out especially when you spend a lot of time in the coast, countryside and the M62 where signal is not great. I've started using streaming on an old phone in the glove box that also has a load of downloaded Spotify albums instead. I'm convinced it sounds a lot better through the standard T6 audio setup too.

It does seem to be worse recently. I've had enough of it constantly cutting out especially when you spend a lot of time in the coast, countryside and the M62 where signal is not great. I've started using streaming on an old phone in the glove box that also has a load of downloaded Spotify albums instead. I'm convinced it sounds a lot better through the standard T6 audio setup too.
I've tried downloading music to Spotify (making sure to tick the High Quality) for when DAB and also mobile reception is poor, and it sounds terrible via bluetooth.

Splashy treble, no bass, even adjusting the EQ on the head unit doesn't make much of a difference.

Using a 3yo Sony phone, with Absolut5 supplied speakers and amp, so maybe it is my phone?

I've tried downloading music to Spotify (making sure to tick the High Quality) for when DAB and also mobile reception is poor, and it sounds terrible via bluetooth.

Splashy treble, no bass, even adjusting the EQ on the head unit doesn't make much of a difference.

Using a 3yo Sony phone, with Absolut5 supplied speakers and amp, so maybe it is my phone?
we use spotify via bluetooth all the time, especially when we're abroad or when Jeremy Vine is on. It sounds fine to us via standard discover head unit & factory speakers. we're using Iphone 13s

Reactions: CAB
given up with DAB 10 minutes into a journey I would have to retune !!! just use Radioplayer app on phone now
perfect signal 99% of the time :)

Reactions: CAB
we use spotify via bluetooth all the time, especially when we're abroad or when Jeremy Vine is on. It sounds fine to us via standard discover head unit & factory speakers. we're using Iphone 13s
Thanks, looks like I need to investigate further.

On my t6.1 standard head unit it has always cut out when I pass a mobile phone antenna. Is that normal ? Doesn't happen in any other vehicle I drive

Back