Alarm fitted, DAB and battery problem

Adam H

T6 Pro
Had a guy come out a fit an alarm from a company called RS Connect.

No problems with the alarm, seems to do its job and works via the normal Key fob, since since he's been the last 2 days I've noticed from cold start the engine doesnt instantly start on key turn, sounds like its turning over a few times before it kicks in. After cold start its fine.

Second problem, I have litterally only just found is the DAB radio is no longer working and has a no signal mast above the radio station, normal FM radio works fine.

I'm not engine/electrics savvy but im assuming he's maybe not plugged in the arial when he had the head unit pulled out ? Is it easy for me to look for ?

Likewise anything i can look at battery wise to make sure there isnt a problem ?

I'm probably going to phone them tomorrow, but it took them 3 weeks to get to me from 4 hours away so i cant imagine they be too desperate to book me in to maybe just plug something back in and id rather have it done now rather than wait :D

what alarm did you go for?

DAB antenna plugs in the back of the radio . . it could be loos or disconnected . .?

but that trim off, then radio out to check.

do you have trim tools?

@Dellmassive I went for the Vodafone A4615-P2DC.

Just watched this vid on how to remove the trim and radio, :

Yes got some trim tools the other week as I fitted a comfort dash glove box. Just not sure what i should be looking for on the back of the radio etc.

Ah just watched the end of that vid, can see which one is DAB, ill go out now and see if can fix it :D

Ok, It's fixed............but I didnt do it lol. Hasnt worked at all the way home trying it a few times after stopping, 3 hour round trip. Went outside, turned it on bloody thing worked straight away. Bloody ghost in the van :D

Ok next day turns out it wasnt fixed. So took the radio out, all connections are ok. However after testing various senarios it seems if we put DAB on in the cab, it works. But as soon as we put the leisure battery on, the DAB signal/arial turns off. Turn off the leisure battery and DAB arial comes back.

Obviously not idea as when we set off in the morning when heading to a campsite we will always load up the fridge and drive with the leisure battery on so the fridge is working and cooling on route.

Any ideas what it could be ?

You’ve got something emiting electrical noise connected on the leisure side then that’s disturbing the dab system if you track it down might be able to deal with it with a ferrite choke

What does the leisure battery power ?
This is almost certainly a power supply issue to something - maybe USB power outlets ?

Pete

All sorted guys, someone on Facebook asked if there was USB ports in the back as they have a habit of blocking out DAB signals, there isnt but I do have a 12v extension lead which has USB sockets on, ironically when i took the extension lead out, the radio worked fine. So nipped to Halfords, brought their own brand extension lead and its all fine.

Looks like its been nothing to do with the alarm, but because I had installed the TV and firestick the a few days before, which uses the extension lead it was all down to that :D

Back