Shark Fin Aerial … Anyone Fitted One

lough90

Maintenance Supervisor - oil & gas
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone fitted a shark fin aerial to their van , I have a Pioneer F980 DAB head unit and I can’t get any FM radio signals and even the DAB is very poor and patchy coverage . [I know I live Up North !!] any suggestions best type and manufacture ?

:eek::waving:

Has anyone fitted a shark fin aerial to their van , I have a Pioneer F980 DAB head unit and I can’t get any FM radio signals and even the DAB is very poor and patchy coverage . [I know I live Up North !!] any suggestions best type and manufacture ?

:eek::waving:
Have you fitted any LED replacement bulbs?

I've had one fitted, standard ones very poor on my van lot worse than a cheap glass mount one on previous vehicle, first mod I did didn't have a phone charger or and led anywhere on vehicle at time, it's mounted at rear of van. Not sure which make it is was a supply and fit from local installers, think 180 and a couple of hours

Yes the van came with upgraded LED lamps in the headlight [running lights] I have also added read lights clusters and DRL in the lower grill. Dose this interfere with the signal ?

Yes, additional LED lights can affect our DAB greatly. You can tell if it is the lights as the signal will be ok if the lights are not on.

Thanks will need to check this ... every days a school day ...:) im going to install a additional aerial anyway as FM is just about non-existent ... since i have had a new radio installed i cant work out how to get it to default to DAB as it seems to always start up on FM ... :mad::mad:

We use the supply/install the same brand as above link, mostly the shorten beesting for the best performance and some sharkfins, top quality aerials and haven’t found better..

Back