Intermittent Air Con problem

InBiarritz

Hello,

Hoping some experts can help me with this situation.

Twice in the last 2 months the aircon in my T6 doesn't work properly.

When you turn the dial for more power the blow noise gets louder but it doesn't blow more out of the vents. It's as if something under the dash is blocking the airflow.

I've fiddled with all the functions to see if anything makes a difference but it stays the same. Luckily it seems to fix itself if the engine is turned off for a while (so far) but it has stopped working twice when I've had clients on board and it gets very hot (I live in southwest France).

Since the first time it happened I've had the system regassed but that didn't seem to make any difference. It's been examined by VW in Bayonne but they didn't find anything wrong with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Getting help in France is quite difficult!

Hello,

Hoping some experts can help me with this situation.

Twice in the last 2 months the aircon in my T6 doesn't work properly.

When you turn the dial for more power the blow noise gets louder but it doesn't blow more out of the vents. It's as if something under the dash is blocking the airflow.

I've fiddled with all the functions to see if anything makes a difference but it stays the same. Luckily it seems to fix itself if the engine is turned off for a while (so far) but it has stopped working twice when I've had clients on board and it gets very hot (I live in southwest France).

Since the first time it happened I've had the system regassed but that didn't seem to make any difference. It's been examined by VW in Bayonne but they didn't find anything wrong with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Getting help in France is quite difficult!
I have exactly the same issue but it now seems to happen more often and I think it is outside air temp related.

Take a look at this
Need to physically check the control flaps as the stepper motors may be ok but not moving the flaps due to linkage issues, then you say the sensors are ok again can’t rely on fault codes you need to look at actual temperature readings at set or actual temp because they could be misreading and shutting off the heat I’ve had in vent temp sensors on Octavias miss read temp and shut of the heat

Since posting this I've had another appointment with VW in Bayonne. They tested it very quickly and said "perhaps one of the vents was closed it is working fine".

Thanks DXX, it is useful to have some idea of what the problem could be the next time I have an appointment with the garage.

I've found recently that turning off the ventilation by the dial for a few minutes and then turning back on can fix it for a short period but then it goes back to the same issue.

I have same issue. AC goes on for some time, then makes noise as it's blowing a lot but instead air becomes hotter and fans slow down although on 4. I have replaced cabin/polen filter but that didnt fix it. Im thinking now that temp sensors might have something to do woth this. Any ideas?

Back