Interior Lights / Tail Light Fuse

Kev23

QA Engineer
T6 Guru
can anyone help? I’m currently suffering a blown fuse (I think), changed a rear blade bulb in the footwel and the interior lights went out, does anyone know which fuse this would be? A photo would be a great help....

Wow, thanks for that, just noticed the tail lights also out, these be the same fuse? Brakes etc all working

Should have read great...

Fuse replaced..finally! and all lights now working again...i swear to god you need to be made of bloody playdoh to get into that fuse box.. anyway, many thanks for your help.. although now i'm left with a little orange light bulb light showing on the instrument cluster..any ideas how to get this off?

7E137A47-7A1E-4C3D-BAB2-C47F22BFD393.jpeg

It’s telling you there’s a bulb out somewhere, have you checked all external lights are working correctly ?
If you have changed any of the exterior lights for LED this can sometimes cause it

I changed the fogs to LED, and the map lights, tried to clear the light with Carista (which I don’t really rate) but no joy

Interior lights can’t cause so suspect it’s prob the fogs
You cannot clear that warning with Carista or VCDS best bet is to fit proper can compatible lamps or add load resistors to fix it
You could prove it by putting original lamps in and seeing if the light clears

I know the feeling, Pauly and others got me out of a similar mess last year - great forum so helpful and knowledgeable.

Hello, i have this issue - the yellow light on the dash and the map lights out... but i dont have that fuse! the slot is empty and i havent done anything to it.. its an early T6, nov 2015 i think. i do have a 7.5a fuse in the central column..! i wasnt doing anything with lights, just routing some cables through into the cubby hole to power the CO monitor.

IMG_20200602_193529.jpg

thats my fusebox.. @Pauly what do you think? i was literally only near the bulbs in the map bit.. but i have the same bulb light on the dash.. I've tried the battery but nothing. I've tried to connect my obd11 but i cant get it to work.. the rear lights dont seem to work so it ties in with your response up there but which fuse is it?!

mines a LHD but i dont have the 7.5 fuse where you guys do?!

indeed, but i didnt touch that! the lights worked when i levered the map lights out to get the cubby hole.. then dont.. i didnt touch anything else!

can i try a fuse in there and see? seems odd?

non populated slots dont have a metal insert on the load side of the fuse so it will only be held on one side (the right side)
populated slots have inserts on both sides

Right I inserted a 7.5 into f5 but no internal lights up top (maps) and still got the error..?

I'm afraid I couldn't see even with the phone (bloody stupid place to put the fusebox!) Whether it was populated or not.. very strange..?

Right I inserted a 7.5 into f5 but no internal lights up top (maps) and still got the error..?
Did you try the usual things: close the doors, lock the van, unlock, open a door...
The fuse is in same location for LHD - here's one:
1591124562714.png

yup, i've had the -ve off the battery and all! I've just been down to the van opened up, opened doors etc but nothing. i thought i'd knocked one of the maplights when getting it out to feed a cable into the cubby for my CO detector.. cant think now.. and its wierd that i didnt have a fuse there in the first place?

obd11 just scanned and didnt show any errors in electrics..?

rear lights still out..not dark enough to check brakes but..

Reactions: mmi
Back