Intercooler pipe issue

aak

Hi all, after being all proud of myself and replacing the intercooler on my 2016 T6 today, the same issue as before exists (coil light flashing orange, reset on switch off). The intercooler was defo dead but after changing it and going for a spin, the passenger side pipe - which was seated properly - is now pushed back and a bit of O ring is poking out. I guess it was the pressure. Do you think I need a new O rig / pipe?!? (Number 4 / 5 in the pic). Cheers

Hi all, after being all proud of myself and replacing the intercooler on my 2016 T6 today, the same issue as before exists (coil light flashing orange, reset on switch off). The intercooler was defo dead but after changing it and going for a spin, the passenger side pipe - which was seated properly - is now pushed back and a bit of O ring is poking out. I guess it was the pressure. Do you think I need a new O rig / pipe?!? (Number 4 / 5 in the pic). Cheers
I can't see any pictures!

Reactions: aak
If the pipe was oily then you could use some cleaner to get rid of the oil and clean the o-ring, this may help to keep it in.

Check the lugs on the pipe are intact and fully located in, when you slide the lock clip into place it should sit fully behind the lugs and not allow it out

Reactions: aak
If the pipe was oily then you could use some cleaner to get rid of the oil and clean the o-ring, this may help to keep it in.
Check the lugs on the pipe are intact and fully located in, when you slide the lock clip into place it should sit fully behind the lugs and not allow it out
Ah! I didn’t know there were lugs to align… will check

Hi all, thanks for the help! I degreased the connections and made sure the straight bits of the clips were in the lug slots (bent bit at 12 o’clock). Just booted it around, up hills in S (DSG) and all seems fine. One pipe (drivers side) did come out a bit but pushed back in…

and you saved yourself not only a fair bit of cash, but also from hearing, "Yeah, it's a big job, the whole front has to come off, we can do it but we can't fit you in until the second week in September......"

and you saved yourself not only a fair bit of cash, but also from hearing, "Yeah, it's a big job, the whole front has to come off, we can do it but we can't fit you in until the second week in September......"

Back