P0299, coil light flashing and a whooshing noise from under the car

Weeked

Van For Sale
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Driving back from fishing today and VAN start whooshing very loud when accelerating hard, then lost power and start smoking black, then the coil sign start flashing and went to limp mode.

I scanned the code when got home and got P0299.

I checked all the EGR pipes and the intercooler hoses and look fine, I see oil on the fan propeller (maybe the intercooler). The error went away after starting the car again but after a short drive the DPF sign popped up.
It is whooshing very loud when boosting so having other turbo cars I suspect the intercooler, can the DPF whoosh when is cloged?

The van is a T6 2016 2L - 102bhp.

Anyone had this issue, I'm planning to remove the bumper tomorrow to have a proper look at the intercooler but looking through it I can't see anything wrong with the intercooler so far.

I have been there too mate.
I helped friend of mine to get it replaced on his T5.1 .
He had the same fault code.

Screenshot_20230415_115649_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230415_115654_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230415_115659_Photos.jpg

Reactions: mmi
Mine did exactly the same so I bought a Darkside Developments one now all is good
20230117_150048.jpg20230117_123625.jpg

Reactions: mmi
How much is the Darkside Developments one and do you have to do any modifications to mount it on the T6?
I noticed when installing the new one is the same crap quality like the OEM so I'm expecting it to fail again.

Back