Insurance - What Do You Pay?

We have a 2016 LWB shuttle and our renewable has just come through and ours for whatever reason has been increased by £20, We where paying £270 but now they want £299

IPT has gone up this year apparently,

We pay 3 times that, but thats for a cv panel van for work with 2x drivers.

Insurance renewal from Direct Line has just come through 20% higher than last year when nothing has changed. Anyone else have a similar issue? Before I shop around I'm trying to gauge whether other members are receiving similar hefty increases

Insurance renewal from Direct Line has just come through 20% higher than last year when nothing has changed. Anyone else have a similar issue? Before I shop around I'm trying to gauge whether other members are receiving similar hefty increases

Shop about. Get some cheaper quotes. Then go back to Direct Line and tell them your cheapest quote. Hate the way insurance companies exploit folk at each renewal. Hoping they'll just auto renew. They should be rewarding loyalty. Not ripping folk off for it.

Try A-Plan. I had mine insured last year as a panel van with all mods declared for £560 and this year with camper conversion done and £10k higher value for £450. No one could get close to that when I shopped around.

Hi
I’m using brentacre
£480
With 3 yrs ncb
Mods included, bigger wheels suspension, spoilers etc also remap
That’s with me being over 50 as well, only just!

I dont want to think about it... you just reminded me that as I got the tax reminder my insurance must be up shortly too :cry:
just committed to a ghost aswell....

there's too much month left at the end of the money!

Hi
I’m using brentacre
£480
With 3 yrs ncb
Mods included, bigger wheels suspension, spoilers etc also remap
That’s with me being over 50 as well, only just!
After a number of recommendations I got a quote from Brentacre £440. Still more than Direct Line but as I have started to modify the van I think they will only want to cover the van if it remains 'standard'

My other cars are with Direct Line but they won't touch the camper. :(
Adrian Flux quoted me £299 but with no extras whatsoever and a £450 excess... I suppose im staying with Just Kampers then....

Renewal with Aviva came through at £386. Went on their site, put in identical details as a new customer... £311

Just paid £498 with Adrian Flux inc. breakdown. I have 0 years no claims (being a named driver on the wife’s policy for years).

Hi

Have 2016 T30 140 hp, professionally concerted camper, insured with Adrian Flux for £275 9 years no claims 9000 miles a year 51 years old live in Sussex. £250 excess legal protection and 90 days European cover.

Hi I'm in similar position because my shuttle has mods very limited on companies willing to quote, I have tried A plan,brentacre etc all have put me with a company called markerstudy who don't have the best reviews ,anyone got any personal experience dealing with them if worst case I have to make a claim.
Thanks

Just kampers £324 with legal and key care... 1 year NCB. :(
Tax too... @ £260.
:cry: Open wallet surgery.

2016 180 ps SWB Highline camper conversion valued at 45K, parked on street. Only 1 year NCB on van but 10 years on car (mirrored?) 57 years young and sole driver.
European driving and legal cover included. No commuting.
£650.00 from Brentacre underwritten by Markerstudy. £65 quid of that was for Brentacres brokerage.
I tried other companies but found that it was difficult to get the conversion and model of van correct in the details, this made me cautious. Brentacre were very easy to deal with.

Mine is underwritten by markerstudy too, as was the £299 quote I got from Adrian Flux, without keycover or legal!
But ouch, that's a big chunk of change @DXX

Back