Insurance - What Do You Pay?

Mine is about £550 from memory. I have protected no claims and wife as a second driver. That’s full camper conversion insured for £38k

PS wife hasn’t drove it to date!

£380 with Brentacre, starting as a SWB T28 Highline Petrol panel van and converting to a half 'n half camper/day van, no extra premium if it is lowered, has larger wheels etc price increase only comes with large bhp increases, I ended up ringing every insurer I found on forums, Brentacres policy and price were the best.

£340 with Aviva, TSI 150 highlife panel van. 9 years protected NCB transfered from car policy

£320 with Direct Line for 150 DSG Kombi T30. 8 years no claims. Was below £300 but decided to protect the NCD

£550 with A-Plan. All mods declared and as @Carbon13 said it was insured as a panel van being converted to a day van with all items listed.

I never used to declare any modifications on any cars over the years but thought I better with this as it will look so obviously different and as I’m getting older and wiser I didn’t want the hassle. I think I’ve finally grown up :cry:

£400 through Adrian Flux (Insured with Highway - part of LV)

2015 Kombi T30 Highline 180 bhp DSG no mods, parked on the drive, 9 years protected no claims, Old Git living in Milton Keynes

In november we are going live with an insurance broker - Freedom Brokers

Im hoping one of our panel members will be able to offer you guys competitive rates. Along with all the usual add ons, they do three things that I think will apply to this forum

They offer up to 17 years NCB discount (most insurers stop adding ncb after 7 years)

They allow modifications

They insure all ages from 21 upto 75 so great if you want sons/daughter/parents on policy or simply if you are a more senior citizen ;)

We are using the latest systems that mean changes can be made to cover easily and efficiently online in most instances and with minimal ‘admin fees’.

Once we are live I would appreciate it if I could test our products on a few of you to ensure we are quoting competitively.

The best thing is that if you do get a cheap quote and decide to choose us, you know that we have excellent taste in vans and the same high standards as yourselves ;)

Watch this space.

I am currently looking for insurance quotes as I've put down a deposit one 2015 T6 PV and my current insurers don't insure vans.

420 From onesolutions. For van to camper conversion policy. Intro offer from them but I have used them before. Highway policy same as caravan and Motorhome club.

Just re insured today. A plan wanted £456 for a renewal so jumped ship. £390 with Brentacre. Max protected NCD 12000 miles a year. Includes business use. Living in rural N Yorks and I'm an old git at 54 with no points...….yet!

£500
37 male
Driveway parking

Cover for panel van to camper conversation, remap, wheels, lowering etc, all camper parts and full value.

With a plan.

150 bhp engine.
Full camper conversion plus ARBs, tailgate spoiler, side bars and tow bar.
Parked on drive.
Over 40.
Clean licence with no bumps, full NCD.

£365 plus £15 If I want to get an agreed value. Just Kampers.

Who insures your Leighton van ?
My van is LV... insured with Brentacre. Price was around £600, but that's parked on the street, and protected no claims etc.

Brentacre are brilliant. Every person I've spoken to there have been beyond helpful. Give them a buzz! :thumbsup:

My van is LV... insured with Brentacre. Price was around £600, but that's parked on the street, and protected no claims etc.

Brentacre are brilliant. Every person I've spoken to there have been beyond helpful. Give them a buzz! :thumbsup:

They called me back with £950 !
Aviva are £427 with full legal and protected bonus cover

They called me back with £950 !
Aviva are £427 with full legal and protected bonus cover
Does Aviva include LV's mods? Really surprised at that price from Brentacre! They were way cheaper than Aviva for me... Also found mods difficult to explain to Aviva...

Yes, spoke with them direct on the phone and not online. The guy was desperate to get me to do it online saying I'd save 20%, I bet I don't :)

Went through everything asking about total value, mods and the value of the mods. I even directed him to the LV site to show what I was buying, he then asked me to hold the line so he could speak to the underwriter.
Came back with the price and I then called back later and spoke with someone else and asked them to check the policy, value etc. She spoke with the underwriter and confirmed cover, I then added Protected bonus and legal cover.

Yes, spoke with them direct on the phone and not online. The guy was desperate to get me to do it online saying I'd save 20%, I bet I don't :)

Went through everything asking about total value, mods and the value of the mods. I even directed him to the LV site to show what I was buying, he then asked me to hold the line so he could speak to the underwriter.
Came back with the price and I then called back later and spoke with someone else and asked them to check the policy, value etc. She spoke with the underwriter and confirmed cover, I then added Protected bonus and legal cover.
Great. I’ll remember this for next year and check Aviva out again
Out of interest, what’s your XS?

Back