Insurance Companies

No AV - but Comfort offer new-for-old cover for vans up to 3 years old (up to a maximum of 15k miles).
Will have to remember Comfort at my next renewal as CaravanGuard is up to 2 years old and 24k miles.
Might mean I get an extra year before having to go down the AV route.

Reactions: Bav
Will have to remember Comfort at my next renewal as CaravanGuard is up to 2 years old and 24k miles.
Might mean I get an extra year before having to go down the AV route.
New-for-old is certainly less hassle that AV - no pics, no negotiation, no adjusting the value every renewal, etc. - but I do wonder how they'd source a replacement T6.1 once production has ceased.

Reactions: EAN
I believe Adrian Flux does
Correct! Just been on the phone to them, but the best they could offer (w/ forum discount) was £1060. :eek:

Looking back at last year's quotations, they were all waaay more expensive than Comfort are this year, so I reckon the probability of any of them beating my renewal premium is vanishingly remote. Think I'll just suck up the 15% increase and stay with Comfort - my time is too valuable to waste ringing around (and then, on the off-chance someone is a few quid cheaper, having to arrange a top-up AV policy).

Correct! Just been on the phone to them, but the best they could offer (w/ forum discount) was £1060. :eek:

Looking back at last year's quotations, they were all waaay more expensive than Comfort are this year, so I reckon the probability of any of them beating my renewal premium is vanishingly remote. Think I'll just suck up the 15% increase and stay with Comfort - my time is too valuable to waste ringing around (and then, on the off-chance someone is a few quid cheaper, having to arrange a top-up AV policy).
Funny you should get that price
I renewed with AF £540
I tried Comfort who I believe your with and they wanted £1030
How can people come on here and say who's the best insurance company
When 2 people go to the same companies and get such different quotes
Comforts high premium is because I park on the road I wonder what was the reason AF wanted over 1k for yours

Comforts high premium is because I park on the road I wonder what was the reason AF wanted over 1k for yours
AF stated it was the value that was the issue for them.

My van's parked on a driveway.

Just Kampers also offer the same discount for mentioning the Fourm and are part of the same family as Adrian Flux. But offered me a much better price than Adrian Flux.

Reactions: Bav
Just Kampers also offer the same discount for mentioning the Fourm and are part of the same family as Adrian Flux. But offered me a much better price than Adrian Flux.
I might give these a call then, though I'm already getting very stalled with the whole process despite having only called 2 companies - AF and Safeguard!!!

I’m struggling with Howdens at the moment, multiple calls before getting through to the ‘right person’, not getting calls returned and not responding to emails.

Never had an issue using A Plan and the old van, so f*** it, I’ll get quotes from some of the companies listed in this thread.

I might give these a call then, though I'm already getting very stalled with the whole process despite having only called 2 companies - AF and Safeguard!!!

I ended up with Caravan Guard. Howdens wanted a tracker fitted but Caravan Guard were happy with the factory alarm/Immobiliser. I paid £343.

Back