Loss of vehicle cover on insurance?

banksey88

Hi,

Just wondering what cover other people get when insuring your van conversions in regards to loss of vehicle?

Obviously if your away and have an accident, your van is probably your accommodation also, so you will lose your transport and accommodation if it has to be repaired.

I’ve been with A Plan the last couple of years and looks like I just get a courtesy car, but not a replacement campervan or accommodation. I think some other companies policies provide a replacement campervan/motorhome or accommodation.

Just wondering what other people have in their policies?

Hi,

Just wondering what cover other people get when insuring your van conversions in regards to loss of vehicle?

Obviously if your away and have an accident, your van is probably your accommodation also, so you will lose your transport and accommodation if it has to be repaired.

I’ve been with A Plan the last couple of years and looks like I just get a courtesy car, but not a replacement campervan or accommodation. I think some other companies policies provide a replacement campervan/motorhome or accommodation.

Just wondering what other people have in their policies?
Never heard of that and if it exists it’s probably going to be very expensive.
VW campervan day rates aren’t cheap.

Never heard of that and if it exists it’s probably going to be very expensive.
VW campervan day rates aren’t cheap.
I hadn’t really until this renewal but it looks like there are more options this year for campervan/motorhome insurances online rather than having to ring up.

I’ve spoken to Adrian Flux this afternoon and they offer an extra of courtesy campervan/motorhome or money for accommodation while abroad. It didn’t seem too expensive, but the compulsory excess is a lot higher than what I’m currently paying.

Back