Insulating Around Door Locks Etc

Climberphil

How are people insulating around door locks and door catches etc, I have barn doors and I’m unsure if I should be leaving it to the bare minimum in this area, I am using sound deadening which I have managed to stick behind the locking module itself, I will
Be following up tomorow with the thermal liner and Thermo fleece , I’m just worried the fleece will eventually get all caught and tangled up in the locking mechanism or door release

cheers

Such a small area to avoid, you won't notice it or use a soft material, wool etc

Are there any hidden pitfalls to removing the door lock so I can put silent coat behind and a little bit of insulation. It looks like it's just simple 4 bolts but20191107_082141.jpg not sure when I take it off how it connects to the external door catch

20191107_084239.jpg

Are there any hidden pitfalls to removing the door lock so I can put silent coat behind and a little bit of insulation. It looks like it's just simple 4 bolts butView attachment 54004 not sure when I take it off how it connects to the external door catch

View attachment 54003
Did you manage to get this off? Was it easy? I have the same challenge, no point in meticulously placing all of this sound and thermal linings if missing the barn door right next to my head when sleeping:confused:

No I didn't take it off ... I chickened out. As fish said above, it's a small area and you can get a reasonable amount in with your hands and screwdriver to make it stick.

Just for information the door card has the cover that protects the handle of the door... and to get that off it slides upwards... and then you can take the door card off... I did mean to take a picture to show people but the weather was horrendous so really wasn't in the mood!!!

Back