Rear lights / Central locking

Funkhaus

VIP Member
Hi

”Hello Alan. I’m a first time caller, but I’ve been listening to you for years, and I think you’re brilliant.”

I’ve got a 2016 VW T6 (Euro 5). I’m undertaking a bit (a lot) of a refit, stripping out the original furniture (classic layout) and reconfiguring (u-shaped) etc. In the process I’ve noticed that pretty much the whole of the van has not been anything like adequately deadened nor insulated. In doing the barn doors - I didn’t take off the mechanism, and have only deadened and insulated in the very small pockets accessible by hand - I think I may have caused a loose connection between the central locking and rear lights. The central locking works fine, the indicators are fine (when locking and otherwise), the brake lights are fine…the rear lights seem to work intermittently as if there’s a loose connection.

Where do I start to problem solve? Do the wires to the rear lights go through the carrier/connector located near the bottom of the mech? Do I need to disconnect any fuses before undertaking any checks or work?

Thanks in advance of any help or advice.

Julian

Hi

Sorry, I lost this thread. It was me being a complete numpty. I was standing by the back doors clicking the central locking expecting to see (clear and dramatic) changes in the rear light, but not accounting for daytime/nighttime. Sorry my experience doesn’t add anything to the knowledge pool…except that I’m a numpty, but I had a strong inkling that was the case anyway.

Back