MIB2 PQ Discover Media - Infotainment mods, upgrade, FEC / SWaP

As promised, an update:

Performance monitor activated, vehicle status already showing as "active" in the lists as per previous posts. However, the gauges all display 0 readings, as does the steering angle on the off road mode.

New menu items, then click into each spoiler to see under that menu

View attachment 71988

I've also posted an admap of the radio for anyone whos interested!
Finally, I'm trying to work out where the radio gets thedriving data from, if its the gateway or the clocks. I think its the clocks, so I'm working on finding a set of 3D clocks to pair with it and hopefuly get everything working.
Tried these in my G Unit with 468 Firm, but won't work. All FEc activated as I can patch these Units by myself. Only Offroad Monitor is working also Hybrid. But nothing more. Did you have any manual or tipps. Tried everything from this thread

Tried these in my G Unit with 468 Firm, but won't work. All FEc activated as I can patch these Units by myself. Only Offroad Monitor is working also Hybrid. But nothing more. Did you have any manual or tipps. Tried everything from this thread
Did you use PuTTY with AX88772B unit to get to RCC/MMX console?
Can you post the picture of your active code list(FEC)?

• Love
Reactions: mmi
Did you use PuTTY with AX88772B unit to get to RCC/MMX console?
Can you post the picture of your active code list(FEC)?
No there's no putty connection possible without any modification in startup. You'll need to patch this by opening Unit or bypass SW Download and do it by update ;-)

Post FEC list later

Hello, I have a vw Jetta Hybrid 2016. I installed the camera of assistants, but I don’t have traffic signposts (road sign) working, maybe it needs to be activated in adaptations?

Installed SWaP code
00040100 Navigation
09410001 Maps us???
00070200 Voice activation with navi?
00050000 Bluetooth
00030000 AMI (usb enable)
00060300 Mirror Link
00060800 Apple CarPlay
00060900 Android auto

Hello, I have a vw Jetta Hybrid 2016. I installed the camera of assistants, but I don’t have traffic signposts (road sign) working, maybe it needs to be activated in adaptations?

Installed SWaP code
00040100 Navigation
09410001 Maps us???
00070200 Voice activation with navi?
00050000 Bluetooth
00030000 AMI (usb enable)
00060300 Mirror Link
00060800 Apple CarPlay
00060900 Android auto
Shure you hve to code it in Discover Media, but which Part Nr is you Cam ?

Another update for you all, because why not.

Set of colour 3D clocks fitted today. As predicted, this now carries the data from the trip computer to the MIB unit.

50065874957_62afa71151_c.jpg
50065060603_e5e82f1e4e_c.jpg
50065060808_353852dbce_c.jpg
50065875022_aa246ddaf4_c.jpg

Still nothing on the sports display, or steering angle on offroad. Car status still a blank screen from the menu.

I managed to pick up a new gateway at the same time,latest software (BR verision) so once that arrives, it will be installed and we shall see what happens.

On a side note, the premium cluster has given me extra readings such as oil temp (in the cluster, not the radio) and a "refuel" reading which measures in gallons.

How did you get these menus working. Tried many things but nothing appears. Tried on D (0367), E (0478) anf G (0468) Device. Can´t access Car menu. Activate 60100 FEC in these cars. Btw you can flash nearly all 7N0 GW to BR (1691) or BQ (1708)

Last edited:
How did you get these menus working. Tried many things but nothing appears. Tried on D (0367), E (0478) anf G (0468) Device. Can´t access Car menu. Activate 60100 FEC in these cars. Btw you can flash nearly all 7N0 GW to BR (1691) or BQ (1708)

Which menus are you refering too? Theres several activated now.

I tried flashing my existing gateway with VCP Pro but it didn't play nice, at all. Would'nt complete the flash leaving me with a dead car, a dying laptop and a feeling it was all lost. Thankfuly, an extention cord later I was able to reflash the orgional file to the gateway...

I mean Performance Monitor, Vehicle Data, Driving School mode and all these menus aren`t officialy relased for PQ cars. Tried it in my Golf 5 GTI (GW SW1691) with Offroad Menu fully working and also in our Passat B7 (GW SW1708) also with fully working Offroad Monitor. But all these other Menu won`t work

so got it working now during a night session. As Iam actually only have Golf 5 GTI for testing it won`t show any values, as I think it`s related to old red Dash. Will give it a try in Golf 6 GTI and Passat B7 on Weekend.....

Same for me in my Passat B7, most of feature work for now. Only Performance Monitor won't give any values, and also Think Blue will give bad values, but mine are same like yours. Maybe wrong Bus Type in adaptions

I want to play with the bus type adaptions but also worried about messing someting up, thats the problem expensive hacked units haha

There´s no risk, only thing that could happen is that it won`t work. But with an Backup there´s no risk. I would try more, but have to drive 150km to my parents car. In my MK5 Golf no value will be shown

There´s no risk, only thing that could happen is that it won`t work. But with an Backup there´s no risk. I would try more, but have to drive 150km to my parents car. In my MK5 Golf no value will be shown

A backup admap and scan of the unit? I'll give it bash. I'm optimistlciy hoping I might be able to get "Vehicle status" to show on the radio but its highly unlikely

Back