Indium grey wrap matching

Jonesy68

What do I need to buy next...
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi guys, I am thinking of wrapping the chrome on my Caravelle doors but I cant seem to find any suppliers that match paint codes (LR7H). Has anyone already done this or able to recommend a supplier.

thanks

Hi, I do wraps and vehicle graphics for work it’s very hard to match paint codes with vinyl printing and will always be slightly off. I did do some magnetic signs on a transporter and they wanted to match paint colour a couple of years ago and pretty sure I used Avery Dennison SWF gloss metallic grey. I may even have some still left over. If you go to a place local to you that does wrapping they should have a swatch book which you could use to compare.

Thanks @Petezum, I was going to have ago myself and see how it goes on. I will have a Google and see if i can find some of that.

You’ll probably be paying around £40 - £50 a metre @1520mm wide. Yeah defo have a go, if you need any advice or pointers let me know Ps I wasn’t saying you should get the wrap shop to do it but would give you an idea of colour match to see the vinyl in person. Like I said I’ll check to see if I have any at the office cos I can post it out to you if you cover cost of postage don’t want anything for vinyl as it’s only knocking around doing nothing.

That's really kind @Petezum its only for the thin chrome trim along the bottom of the doors and the tailgate.

Yes that would be great, if not do you know a supplier I could try?

If not I can get it for you delivered to yours but I’ll need to check costing.

Hi mate, I’ve found 2 bits 1 @ 1520 x 390 which is wide enough for tailgate width and should be able to get other out of to as they are only narrow. There is another bit 830mm x 630mm.

That's brilliant thanks @Petezum at least I will know how close the match is. What kind of quality do you have to buy it in?

Well if the sides went well I was thinking of wrapping a strip on the front grille too

Back