Ascot grey vinyl?

phil_n

T6 Pro
Has anyone successfully found a colour match vinyl to Ascot grey?
I fancy wrapping my chrome grill strips and rear badge centre rather than painting them.

Thanks, Phil

March 2023 ’23 registered T32 150 DSG Highline Kombi in Ascot Grey.

9000 miles, comes with two services included.

Factory options are:

Rear view camera

LED lights

Discovery Media

2+1 rear bench

Heated seats

Twin sliding doors

Power latching for sliding doors

Direct tyre pressure monitoring

Further to this I have added the following:

Dust seals to the cab doors

H&R coilovers

Supermetal 18” alloy wheels

20mm rear wheel spacers

Alpine front speakers, Hertz rears

Colour coded rear badge and grill strip

Rear spoiler

Carpet mat set

THQ curtains

The whole vehicle has been fully sound deadened and the rear area also thermally insulated. This has then been carpet lined and three auxiliary power points added. The roof has also been trimmed and auxiliary lighting added to this and also to the tailgate. This was all carried out at Merseyspeed in June.

Original suspension and speakers are included

When I bought this and had the work carried out I intended on keeping it for a long time. I've the opportunity to put the money into another property though.

£42950 + VAT

View attachment 216328

View attachment 216332

View attachment 216333

View attachment 216334

View attachment 216335

View attachment 216336

View attachment 216337

View attachment 216338

View attachment 216339

View attachment 216340

View attachment 216341

View attachment 216342

View attachment 216345

View attachment 216346

View attachment 216347

View attachment 216348

View attachment 216349
Hi @phil_n where did you get your rear vw badge with the matching inlay please

Cheers
Glws

My T6 is fully wrapped in 3M Storm Grey Gloss, which is very close to the beautiful Ascot Grey - only they never made the Caravelle in Ascot Grey!
How close does the match need to be? I have a part-roll that I use for detailing like this.

My T6 is fully wrapped in 3M Storm Grey Gloss, which is very close to the beautiful Ascot Grey - only they never made the Caravelle in Ascot Grey!
How close does the match need to be? I have a part-roll that I use for detailing like this.
That's brilliant to know. I searched ages ago and came across the storm grey, but haven't had the chance to order yet. I was nervous it would be a waste of time. I want it for the rear of my seats so doesn't have to be 100% match, just as close as possible!

You've not got a picture of the wrap next to the ascot grey paint work have you?

Unfortunately, I don't have a vehicle in Ascot Grey to check against, but I'd be happy to look at sending you a small piece in the post. That way you can check gloss levels and colour match for yourself.
I'm new to this forum, so not dead sure on the rules around exchanging personal details. Can you DM me with your address?

I'd be very interested to know what the difference is between 3M Storm Grey and VW Ascot Grey myself. Let me know if you'd like a sample.

Unfortunately, I don't have a vehicle in Ascot Grey to check against, but I'd be happy to look at sending you a small piece in the post. That way you can check gloss levels and colour match for yourself.
I'm new to this forum, so not dead sure on the rules around exchanging personal details. Can you DM me with your address?
That would be amazing bud, thankyou! I'll dm you now!

We had a caravelle in Ascot grey. Great colour.

Thanks to @UVW_T6 for sending me a sample of the 3M Storm grey vinyl for a comparison with my Ascot grey van. As you can see below, in certain light/at certain angles it's a close match. However in other light the vinyl definitely has a more grey tone to it.
20231110_135019.jpg
20231110_135044.jpg
20231110_135103.jpg
20231110_135120.jpg
20231110_135153.jpg

I'm definitely going to be getting some of this for my wingbacks!

Back