Two tone - Indium grey - suggestions needed

sipep

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all.

As some of you may be aware I took delivery of a 2017 low mileage indium gray last Friday.

I was extremely disappointed as they had done paint to repair scratches, but the paint job is very poor.

I am in discussions with them at the moment as I was going to send it back.

Option 1 , get a part refund (£1500). Use this money to get the paint sorted. Which might give me an option to get a two tone job done. Would need to keep top half indium grey.

So I've tried to find a good colour for the lower half of the van.. any suggestions please.

Second option.
Get a full refund within my delivery charge (£21,350). Look at a 2020 t6.1 startline for about £24000 (Inc vat).

Thank you

Last edited:
Are you happy with the current van apart from the paint? £1500 will get you along way to sorting and probably a little change if it’s not that bad!
Which do you prefer the 6 or 6.1 or is it you’ve got a budget and you want the best van for that money and there’s no preference?

I really like the T6 not a fan of the interior on the 6.1 some say it’s a better driving experience but I’m not convinced when I drove one.

If it was my money I would be looking for a good spec highline T6 as a good base van to start my conversion

The van is at my local VW getting an health check. On one hand, if* they where to give me the money to get the van sorted, then it gives me an extra opportunity that I wouldn't normally have, to get something custom done to the van.

Regarding your question, I am not sure, I like the carplay option, but I could get a cheap RCD 360.

Sadly a decent half respray will soon soak up £1500 including filling and flatting the poorly repainted scratches however if you do go that route I'm thinking that maroon metallic.
Trouble is most two tones would feature the indium grey on the bottom so is it worth just getting a quote for an Indium grey respray to the bottom with a clear blend on either of the two horizontal body creases.
If it helps my poor Chestnut Brown camper Agnes was scraped down the passenger side by some fellow coffin dodger last year... he didn't see me alongside his Toyota Yaris, initially... but to the point and that has a blend on the passenger door and slider with the bonnet and a new wing being completely resprayed, the blend is invisible.

Could go a gloss black below - I've been wondering about getting the very bottom of mine down the side done with vinyl to keep the grub off.

Back