Indium Grey RAL

andy4prop

Hi I've searched the forums and can't find an answer ,does anyone have a RAL code for indium grey LR7H. I have some damage to my gel coat on my SCA colour coded pop top and want to repair it with the correct colour.

Surely if your pop top is colour coded to the van it will have been sprayed with Indium Grey auto paint at a body shop. The RAL colours don’t tie up with vehicle paint colours. They are more architectural/powder coat colour ways as far as I’m aware.

Thanks , its just I've found a company that supplies gel coat repair filler in any colour with a RAL code for the colour so thought this would be the easiest way ahead

You could order some lighter grey and some black and blend them to colour match?

Be aware that if it's not the same pigments it will shift shade under different lighting.

Alternatively could you fill with a close grey and then finish off with VW touch up?

A fail safe would be to get a RAL colour chart off eBay. That way also if it falls between, you decide which shade best suits.

So the missing info here is:- is your roof in a van-coloured (indium grey) gel coat, or has it been colour coded by a body shop in paint?
And what are you trying to repair?

Back