Idle speed high stopping Start/Stop working.

hugh

Hi folks,
VW T6 T30 SWB Diesel 2.0 TDI 150 Highline
New to T6 Forum and joined primarily due to earlier issue with Stop/Start not working. Garage VDS pointed to Alternator but alas turned out to be exactly what had been reported in a T6 Forum post and that being 3 chaffed cables in the cable loom. Why have VW not released a fix for this obvious faulty loom build ?

Issue I am raising now has been going on for some time and finding it difficult to pin point. Problem is that everything seems fine but after engine warmed up, the idle speed settles at about 1000 RPM (displayed) and Start/Stop does not work. If I turn the engine off manually and then restart, the RPM idle speed is reduced at about 800 RPM and alas Start/Stop works. Then for no reason, at some later stage , normally noticing Start/Stop not working, the RPM is back up to 1000 RPM. Also notice that often the fan is running on after the engine is turned off.

Any ideas ?

It’s trying to do a DPF regen, search for that on the forum and all will be revealed :thumbsup:

Sounds like your van is doing a regen which will disable Start/Stop. Does it every 100-150 miles. Normal behaviour and nothing to worry about.

As above,

The engine is most likely trying to complete a DPF Regen..

More info here....

Thanks for the feedbacks and reading material. Just to clarify, the DPF faulty lamp doesn't come (as in my case ) on even when DPF regen is taking place ??

Notice in the reading material that it states fuel consumption does increase during Regen cycle. I'm guessing this is not that significant ?

Booked in for Quantum engine Econ remap . Wondering what effect this might had regards to this topic?

Thanks for the feedbacks and reading material. Just to clarify, the DPF faulty lamp doesn't come (as in my case ) on even when DPF regen is taking place ??

Notice in the reading material that it states fuel consumption does increase during Regen cycle. I'm guessing this is not that significant ?

Booked in for Quantum engine Econ remap . Wondering what effect this might had regards to this topic?

The light only comes on when it’s failed to complete the regen a few times and the soot levels have increased too much for a normal regen to sort it. It then wants you to drive it with higher revs for a bit to lower it again.

It’s all a bit of a pain but you’ll learn to live with it!

Back