ISS and Space-related discussion

Just saw it, clear and bloody freezing in Manchester! Below Venus, and just grazing the moon. No sats yet.

Tonight the ISS pass will be at 20:43

...and tonight around the same time we could see the Starlink satellites .. Iv not seen them before, so don’t know how bright they will be.

The passes start at 20:40 till 20:58 , with a satellite every 30 seconds, on similar path to ISS.
Good luck

Just watching the ISS now, wondered what the line of other bright lights intersecting the transit were. Thanks

Seen, never seen so many satellites in a row plus 4/5 intersecting. 34 in total seen plus the ISS, amazing it was like watching a bus depot running out in the morning

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed last night. :thumbsup:
Was to cloudy here, and don’t look much better tonight.

Starlink Satellites will pass over UK tonight from around 21:20 till 22:00

ISS pass 21:32

If your into space, physics and science in general, search for the Curious Droid channel on YouTube. Great, well researched and presented video documentaries by Phil Shilato. Some fascinating stuff on there. Keep you amused for hours.

Really need to get a good (but not too expensive!) portable telescope to take away in the van for a bit of star gazing. So many review sites out there etc. Bit of a mind field.

@Loz
I seen the Starlink satellites tonight for the first time .. wasn’t the perfect clear skies here, but I can imagine how busy it will look when possibly up to 42,000 are launched!

Reactions: Loz
I remember one of the female weather presenters commenting about a astronomical event and saying to be careful if you are poking anything out of the window tonight as freezing temperatures are forecast :-0

Really need to get a good (but not too expensive!) portable telescope to take away in the van for a bit of star gazing. So many review sites out there etc. Bit of a mind field.
A bit of advice. You would be better with a good pair of binoculars than a cheap telescope. dont buy a refracting telescope Whatever you do.

This was so much better tonight without the moon glare.

Tomorrow’s show will be at 10pm :thumbsup:

Back