How many with a T6 dsg have had a dmf flywheel failure before 50k, 100k and after 100k?

dsg dmf flywheel failure before 100k?

• Total voters

stuartG

122,000 miles and counting
Thought it would be interesting to see the numbers after viewing a t6 at the weekend!
It clearly has a dmf issue at 122k, it also had a new one fitted at 53k by VW in 2017 under warranty was wondering the number of people who have had the same issue?
VW just says its normal :rolleyes: I personally don't find this exceptible for such an expensive van as it seems they fail every 50k ish from what i read.

Last edited:
90k on T5.1 (my11)

40k on T6 (my18), then again at 80k under warranty of the first one.

80k on the (my67) bus .... Not done yet.

Above edited.

Last edited:
Maybe need to clarify that it’s milage on the DMF that’s important and not the van, there will be some who’ve had more than one DMF renewal on the same van.

Maybe need to clarify that it’s milage on the DMF that’s important and not the van, there will be some who’ve had more than one DMF renewal on the same van.
good point, but there does'nt seem to be a way of amending it now :rolleyes:

Last edited:
108,000 miles on my 2017 T6 199 4motion Kombi, but almost all of that was motorway miles, with the engine sat at a constant speed, which the DMF’s prefer

• Wow
Reactions: JOG
DMF just replaced by an independent for £1000- parts and labour warranted, LWB 204 DGS Kombi, juddering at low revs for the last year which I thought was just the DSG gearbox and hoped it didn't need sorted- I had the oil replaced twice on time but no chattering sound, chattering in the last month, replaced and low revs performance is night and day! If I'd realised sooner I'd have had it done sooner.... :)

Reactions: CAB
I would suggest to add if the van has been mapped/chipped or running standard map. Huge difference.

Reactions: DXX
Engine code would be useful for the data, there are two different max’ torque rated DMFs for the T6 as far as I’m aware.

Engine code would be useful for the data, there are two different max’ torque rated DMFs for the T6 as far as I’m aware.
do you have any info on this? As I have juddering at low rpm too. Had a gearbox remap as I thought that was the issue, but may need to spend on a Dmf.

My 2016 T6 EU5 140 DSG needed a new DMF at 11k miles. Was replaced a month before 3 year warranty expired,

Could a flywheel cause engine vibrations at idle and revving more noticeable in reverse when lifting off the brake on a DSG?

Back