How Do I Know I Have A T6 :)

I too was taking this approach, however, you need to connect the mirrors into the side repeaters so it would be better to do them both at the same time..
I think I’ll do away with the factory side repeaters and stick some Bulli badges in their place.

If it's 2WD on original Hankook 16" tyres like mine, you can't drive away on wet grass without the wheels spinning - I have started another thread asking about a solution to this under 'General VW T6 Chat'.

Not sure I'd like having those, could be a bit distracting, esp after dark where the bright light may affect the night vision enough to miss something otherwise visible in the door mirror

Not sure I'd like having those, could be a bit distracting, esp after dark where the bright light may affect the night vision enough to miss something otherwise visible in the door mirror
Agree

Reactions: mmi
If it's 2WD on original Hankook 16" tyres like mine, you can't drive away on wet grass without the wheels spinning - I have started another thread asking about a solution to this under 'General VW T6 Chat'.

Get a 4motion :D

Alternatively you could retrofit ASR(TCS) deactivation button. It is a big help in some getaway scenarios.

Reactions: mmi
Robert - I'd love to but I'm afraid that it's a bit far above my limited electrical / mechanical abilities to even attempt the DIY approach. Indeed, I asked a question about whether it was available commercially in another thread but didn't get any answers (so I assume it's a 'no'). I've got to say also that starting off in 2nd helps a little, just not enough.

I'd advise some good chunky tyres and no revs or very low revs when on wet grass, as soon as you spin the wheels it usually gets you stuck.
Adding that deactivation button would just allow you to spin the wheels more, no good for the wet grass/tyre you've mentioned.

Get a 4motion :D

I'm new to this forum and only just noticed this post and am therefore a bit late in congratulating you for doing such a great job of stating the bleeding obvious. I agree that 4WDs have there place (and I have one as well as the van) but I've owned a lot of vehicles in my time (and, being ex-military, have driven an awful lot more of almost every type) and the T6 is the worst on wet grass out of all of them (and I don't believe it's anything to do with my driving technique).

Maximum traction is just before your wheels spin . Just saying

Somebody else who knows better will probably be along in a minute to correct me but, in the meantime, I'll go out on a limb here and say that's bollox.

I'm new to this forum and only just noticed this post and am therefore a bit late in congratulating you for doing such a great job of stating the bleeding obvious. I agree that 4WDs have there place (and I have one as well as the van) but I've owned a lot of vehicles in my time (and, being ex-military, have driven an awful lot more of almost every type) and the T6 is the worst on wet grass out of all of them (and I don't believe it's anything to do with my driving technique).

Somebody else who knows better will probably be along in a minute to correct me but, in the meantime, I'll go out on a limb here and say that's bollox.

One word: TYRES.

Back