Hope Us Lowly T5 Members Are Welcome Too.

jimmyjames

T6 Pro
Evening all.

Thought i would pop in to say hello from economy class T5GP. Hope you dont mind me signing up but there is a lot of excellent information on here which related to the T5GP and i would like to contribute as time goes on. Look forward to talking to some of you soon :)

Jimmy.

Nowt wrong with T5s, my lad has a converted T5 & its a great van. Bespoke units, Kiravans double-swivel, R&R, Austops roof, Baird 100W panel & Dad electrics ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is a T5 GP the same thing as a T5.1?? If it is then I have been here for quite some time and everyone is lovely. We were originally going for a T6 but the perfect van for us turned up and it was a T5.1 so we bit the bullet.
Most of the people on here that I have spoken to had a T5 before going for a T6 so they are still a great knowledge source.
:D

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been around for a while and still have a T4 which I have owned for 14 years in which time I have been a member on a certain other forum which sadly isn’t what it used to be since change of ownership. I did consider a T6 however finding one with A/C and a decent spec and mileage was difficult with my budget. I opted for a 12 plate lwb T30 TDI 140 6 speed with 69k on the clock which has had a very easy life and I’m glad I did. Second time around I didn’t want any compromises. So far I have done the insulation, double seat swivel, fitted cruise control, fitted a kenwood oem spec head unit and had a Westdubs roof fitted. I have got a full width RIB bed coming the end of the month and am going to build a pod for behind the drivers seat. Next on the list is the dreaded electrics prior to lining the van. I will post a new thread at some point.

Pete C said:
... as a T6 owner, I think the T5.1 is better looking :eek:
Yep, I've said the same. Ours are parked side by side and Roo's is prettier.

Can somebody give me some motivation please as I’m running out of steam! Not enough hours in the day at the moment. The plan going forward is to fit the rib when it arrives and start looking at the wiring. When all the wiring is done I plan to remove the bed and line the van, fit flooring etc. Sadly I need it as a functional family vehicle as soon as possible.

Things are slowly progressing! Since my last post i found some motivation and have installed the RIB bed, fitted a Ctek DC DC charger and 100ah AGM battery under the drivers seat and just last week i installed my Planar 2D heater which is excellent! Hopefully in the coming weeks i will finish the remainder of the 12v system and will be able to make a start on the 240v system. Then its just a case of lining the van and building the pod.

I don't normally name drop but anyone looking for a night heater should really contact Kirknalls. I hadn't intended to buy when i spoke with him, however the price was significantly less than everywhere else was asking for the full kit. Its probably one of the most useful things i have bought so far and i use it most days. I fitted mine myself but he also has a fitting service which is very reasonable for the amount of work involved.

E7B11B34-FEB0-40AB-911C-1FECA9AFCD90.jpeg
This happened while
On holiday by a pushy transit driver who didn’t want to reverse to a passing place less than 5 m away. I was heading up a steep hill too and my closest passing place was about 150 yards behind me. Still not sure if it will be a write off yet, the waiting is killing me!

Bugger. I'm hoping this was a slow speed prang and that, while it may take more than a bit of hammering out, you can get this repaired. You're always hoping you'll see someone with enough notice to drive forward into a space or reversing just a short distance. If you think the other person should reverse back then stand your ground, if they're in that much of a hurry they'll reverse back, I learned that the hard way although the damage was superficial. It can get awkward though and sometimes a desire to be polite or helpful doesn't quite pan out well, I had a gouge out my bumper on my last van for that very reason. The next time a mobile home too big for the road wants me to reverse back round a corner because they don't want to reverse back a few yards to a space they can do one, I'll be getting my book out.
What have you hit?

Back