Hobbies/sports/activities

Well I wasn't allowed an air rifle but a 300fps hunting bow is fine...!
It's SO powerful; getting coached on Friday before I hurt myself.

Ah I see, fancy yourself as Robin Hood then. When we have to go back to practicing archery you will have a head start. There is a club at Harwell by where I work and you see the butts put up on a Wed evening, not a place to walk by if they have newbies o_O. That one of yours looks a bit serious :eek:

I used to stick my bike in our old Cali but decided this one will be kept as a camper; so until we get a rack, it goes on the roof of the Subaru (Outback); our daily "beater."

Mines a Cotic Soul (I love high quality steel) which started life as a complete Stumpjumper; upgraded it as parts wore out (this is my 3rd BB, 4th rear mech, 3rd set of forks, 8th chain, etc!) and now it has no original parts at all; love it!

image-15_zpsb754296e.jpg
So, is it like Trigger's broom......x sets of wheels, y number of frames?

Wilderness north of the arctic circle in January, dog sledding whilst there, and hoping to see the lights.
Oh, motorcycling and windsurfing.

So, is it like Trigger's broom......x sets of wheels, y number of frames?
Yep, something like that. I replaced the very last original part, a stem top cap, about a year ago. It's now 100% non original!

I've stockpiled certain parts which are becoming very scarce.

Last edited:
Well things progressed very well, I'm on the club team and getting good groups at 80 yards so a new bow just arrived...

Mybo (made in the U.K) Origin set to 55lbs.
Already lost a new Easton ACG arrow in that hedge beside the target...!

Flipping powerful and nice and stable.

19023442_10154530513457805_6470814868825487580_o.jpg

Err that does not look like a long bow, so you lot still have to practice your archery on a Sunday at the local bitts then :)

You now need to buy a metal detector to find your arrows.
I think I'll borrow one from the club...!

I had left my clip on bow stand attached fully drawn, let off a bit and accidentally loosed the arrow. So I didn't even see where it went. An hour later, no luck!
Luckily I bought 12 so have several spares.

Shooting my first comp on the 2nd; a Hereford. Yikes!

Awesome helicopter training on Sunday BTW; absolutely cracking bunch of blokes!

I think I'll borrow one from the club...!

I had left my clip on bow stand attached fully drawn, let off a bit and accidentally loosed the arrow. So I didn't even see where it went. An hour later, no luck!
Luckily I bought 12 so have several spares.

Shooting my first comp on the 2nd; a Hereford. Yikes!

Awesome helicopter training on Sunday BTW; absolutely cracking bunch of blokes!

Had quite a few flights with the RAF boys back in the day and manny a good exercise. Would love my own helicopter one day!

Awesome stuff, top of the shop MTBs, compound bows and a sprinkling of decent motorcycles. :cool: :cool:

As for me, I'm a family guy, and love having them around, sent 3 to Uni and got 4 back, long story... But it worked out well :D

Consequently I'm a regular Mr Fixit..From putting in new walls, floors, kitchens and bathrooms to landscaping and fencing. Not to mention repairing household ornaments or toy fixing when my grandkids are around.

As to personal hobbies, my passion is anything to do with motorcycling. I've just replaced my 7 year old BMW Adventure with another new one, fabulous machines, nothing beats them - think 2 wheeled Land Rover Defender.

I also have a couple of old Italian machines, both Moto Guzzis - one is a Le Mans and the other is a rather special hand built cafe racer which has taken me 3 years to build and a shed load of cash. It is 42 years old and now sports a canbus, digital ignition and microprocessors along with some very trick engineering.

IMG_1699.PNG

I've been into circuit training for the last 25 or so years, my other half even longer. I have an old Rockhopper MTB, perhaps its time to drag it out more often.

We both love travelling afar, but now a bit closer to home, hence my interest in this forum, which if you dont mind my saying, has a really nice vibe.

Cheers

I'm no bike rider (terrified of them TBH) but do appreciate good ones and that @Oldrat is GORGEOUS!!!

How old is the Rockhopper BTW? My wife has one of 2008 vintage. Still going strong.

This is my steed. It started out in 2007 as a Stumpjumper Comp.

Since then it's had three sets of forks, four rear mechs, four cranksets, three sets of brakes, three sets of wheels, two sets of shifters, about three bottom brackets plus a new frame (!) and when I finally got it to a state I wanted, 26" wheels suddenly became old hat - I can't win!

So here it is; don't use it much now but I still like it a lot when I do.

Cotic Soul (high end steel), Fox Floats, XT crankset, Chinook chainrings, XO rear mech, brakes and shifter, some Thomson, some Hope, Chris King BB, Phenon Pro saddle, XT SPDs and some other stuff - not a SINGLE piece is original now!

1374435_10151584659927805_1569157509_n.jpg

Last edited:
This is my passion :) one of the reasons we got the van to act as a tow vehicle and to sleep in on a race weekend. Had an old motorhome before as well as a car but have sold the motorhome and the car is up for sale as I am going down to just the T6 :) had to tow another car with the T6 the other day and it is awesome. Hardly knew the car was on hehehe

IMG_2558.PNG

Back