Hobbies/sports/activities

I like Motorsport (although I don't compete, just spectator!), going to VW and metal festivals, walking, play the guitar, PlayStation addict, mainly VW addict! Also love being motorbike pillion (other husband is into Harley Davidsons) and love camping. Sorry but as you can tell my life truly revolves around VWs all the time on the whole!

I like Motorsport (although I don't compete, just spectator!), going to VW and metal festivals, walking, play the guitar, PlayStation addict, mainly VW addict! Also love being motorbike pillion (other husband is into Harley Davidsons) and love camping. Sorry but as you can tell my life truly revolves around VWs all the time on the whole!

Other Husband, does that mean you have more than one? :)

View attachment 3058 View attachment 3057 +1 on the RD500 , I built my dream bike when I was 21 and sold it 6 years later. Not at 47 I had to build another / better one. First one had a CB900 engine in, the latest build has a GSX1400 engine, much better. My Van is mainly as a daily drive, but will take me and my resto-modded XR600r to some decent green lanes, and move the Harris to the odd show.
I've had an XR600, fab bike; but what a bitch to start, think it needed a new carb.
My dream bike is a Yam XT250 (first of the mono-shocks), one day:)

Yes Chriscroft, mine started fine cold but never started warm, ever, put my back out twice! They were popular in the USA and kids would chain them up running if they stopped for a soda they were that bad. I cross bred my dual carb large valve top end (XL) with a Dominator bottom end giving me 650cc and electric start. Funny now with a battery it will start if kicked first time anytime (but now I just hit a button) The bike is lairy and will pick its front wheel up in the first two gears, but yes for full off road / getting stuck in mud a modern 250 is the weapon of choice for nowadays. I use mine for winter back roads, and will do some green lanes for sure, but as light as it is for a 600 I wouldn't want to haul its ass out of a ditch.

Yes Chriscroft, mine started fine cold but never started warm, ever, put my back out twice! They were popular in the USA and kids would chain them up running if they stopped for a soda they were that bad. I cross bred my dual carb large valve top end (XL) with a Dominator bottom end giving me 650cc and electric start. Funny now with a battery it will start if kicked first time anytime (but now I just hit a button) The bike is lairy and will pick its front wheel up in the first two gears, but yes for full off road / getting stuck in mud a modern 250 is the weapon of choice for nowadays. I use mine for winter back roads, and will do some green lanes for sure, but as light as it is for a 600 I wouldn't want to haul its ass out of a ditch.
Exactly the same as mine; stall or drop it hot, and I would just have to wait for it to cool down. Thing with a 600 single is that I only had about 8 good kicks in me, the I was FUBAR, and need a 10min rest. But when running, an amazing bike in events like the BAJA-1000 & Paris-Dakar in the 1990's :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@Buggirl , now you've got me scratching my head even more. Can't think what 'other husband' could possibly have meant to say!

Classic! It's amazing what the sub-conscious knows, that you don't think you know. Better watch out, you might wake up next to 'half' a partner. :eek:

Waking up to half a husband? My wife said "As long as the horse is ok!"
I'll make sure the tab at the local pizza delivery is up to date then.

And if anyone is safety conscious (most people are!), I'm an ex Lifeguard, a current HM Coastguard, triathlete/regular open water swimmer (usually do a mile or so in the sea but only when it's warmer/flat!), Surf Life Saving competitor and general human seal. Except uglier.

Oops; missed this...
Message me if you're coming down, arrange to meet, I shalt instruct. Then drink beer.

Ill give you a shout in the spring if thats ok? We've got a brewery tour to do at Sharps which is fairly close and it gives us a chance to stock up on the supplies!

Where did you lifeguard? I used to work the beaches up here in the summer, we don't really get surf its more of a washing machine lumpy mess with some crappy currents and eddies around the concrete breakwaters.

Ill probably bring the Kayaks down too so have the safety kit though may look wally in a BA on a long board!

Ill give you a shout in the spring if thats ok? We've got a brewery tour to do at Sharps which is fairly close and it gives us a chance to stock up on the supplies!

Where did you lifeguard? I used to work the beaches up here in the summer, we don't really get surf its more of a washing machine lumpy mess with some crappy currents and eddies around the concrete breakwaters.

Ill probably bring the Kayaks down too so have the safety kit though may look wally in a BA on a long board!

My wife's grandad built the original Sharps units - they turned over £40m last year (Sharps, not the relative of ours!)!!
Did Polzeath - I was one of the first SLSC members and helped out a bit when needed so it wasn't full time. We've got a small fleet of boards including a high quality foam (but slick bottom) 8ft board that can be borrowed if needed - if not I know all the board hire guys around here well so no need to lug a board onto a plane. I can usually get them for free.

My wife's grandad built the original Sharps units - they turned over £40m last year (Sharps, not the relative of ours!)!!
Did Polzeath - I was one of the first SLSC members and helped out a bit when needed so it wasn't full time. We've got a small fleet of boards including a high quality foam (but slick bottom) 8ft board that can be borrowed if needed - if not I know all the board hire guys around here well so no need to lug a board onto a plane. I can usually get them for free.

How far is that from you? My sisters pub get most of their beer from Molson Coors and go through a lot of Doom Bar & Atlantic and now a fair bit of the Woolf Rock. They are good beers and in the same league as Adnams in my book, think Molson Coors only brought them out as they got too big and couldn't cope as they scaled up.

Id drive down, its only 355m!

Back