Hobbies/sports/activities

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
What's everyone into other than vans?

I surf a lot (overlook the beach), trail run a fair bit, cycle less than I used to but still a bit, do weights when there's no surf, I guess Coastguard training is sort of a hobby, sea swim when it's flat (and warm enough) and a few other bits and bobs less regularly.

I was trying to get back into shooting but the missus will absolutely NOT let me get an air rifle (we had a really powerful BB sniper gun but it broke, got a refund, they just aren't well made enough) partly due to the kids (both of which are a pretty good shot with a BB gun). Dammit.

Just cycled at my local MTB trail centre - very wet and slippery but pretty in the Autumn sun.

I like walking now and photography and the usual DIY gardening thing at home, us oldies have to take it easy

Plenty of walking here too (we have a dog).
Totted up my total height of running ascent this year (well my Suunto GPS watch/app did) and on 9400m; so sort of run up Everest (plus 700m more). Which is nice.

MTB for me. That's why I've got a Kombi coming so I can put the bikes safely inside rather than messing around with tow bars and bike racks. Not due till Jan starting to get impatient

MTB for me. That's why I've got a Kombi coming so I can put the bikes safely inside rather than messing around with tow bars and bike racks. Not due till Jan starting to get impatient
What bike(s)? I used to ride a lot but since moving here four years ago it's been much more about surfing and running.
So while my bike is pretty high spec (X0, XTR, Fox Floats, Hope, Thomson, etc) , it's 26" wheeled with 3x9 gears. Did a race series recently and it felt like I was on a Victorian thing!

I like cycling, be that road (on my Cube Agree Carbon full Ultegra kit) or MTB (Cube 29er hardtail carbon with Fox forks).
However virtually all of my spare time is taken up with house renovation work or running the kids around. They both sail the Optimist class of boat and compete nationally, which has taken me as far south as Weymouth, and as far north as Largs on the west coast of Scotland this year, plus all the stuff in the midlands as well. I am an RYA powerboat instructor so that takes up what little bit of time is left over.

Snowboarding, mountain biking, road cycling, walking (only mountains). Not as active as usual due to the 11 month old. Have got a Thule Chariot for the bike though and will stick her on a snowboard or maybe skis (urghh) in February.

What bike(s)? I used to ride a lot but since moving here four years ago it's been much more about surfing and running.
So while my bike is pretty high spec (X0, XTR, Fox Floats, Hope, Thomson, etc) , it's 26" wheeled with 3x9 gears. Did a race series recently and it felt like I was on a Victorian thing!
I have 2 bikes @Polzeylad a Canyon and a Whyte, both full sussers. Mainly social rider, weekends away etc. But have done a few team endurance events, keeps me fit. Really looking forward to being able to adapt the Kombi over time to help me enjoy more MTB outings

I have 2 bikes @Polzeylad a Canyon and a Whyte, both full sussers. Mainly social rider, weekends away etc. But have done a few team endurance events, keeps me fit. Really looking forward to being able to adapt the Kombi over time to help me enjoy more MTB outings
I used to stick my bike in our old Cali but decided this one will be kept as a camper; so until we get a rack, it goes on the roof of the Subaru (Outback); our daily "beater."

Mines a Cotic Soul (I love high quality steel) which started life as a complete Stumpjumper; upgraded it as parts wore out (this is my 3rd BB, 4th rear mech, 3rd set of forks, 8th chain, etc!) and now it has no original parts at all; love it!

image-15_zpsb754296e.jpg

I used to stick my bike in our old Cali but decided this one will be kept as a camper; so until we get a rack, it goes on the roof of the Subaru (Outback); our daily "beater."

Mines a Cotic Soul (I love high quality steel) which started life as a complete Stumpjumper; upgraded it as parts wore out (this is my 3rd BB, 4th rear mech, 3rd set of forks, 8th chain, etc!) and now it has no original parts at all; love it!

image-15_zpsb754296e.jpg
Nice bikes Cotic, I was thinking of buying the new 275 Soul as a winter hardtail. But putting the money towards some alloys

Back