Hilo Roof Recall...

my last contact with hi lo and fitter was on the 8/7/2019 where the fitter said he would be in touch so i could take my van back in i have heard nothing from either of them so i am going to get it inspected elsewhere and go from there.Based on my experience i now have a van that leaks and didn't before and the fact they just don't get back to you i now regret my decision to have a hi lo roof fitted massively and more so been under the impression that waiting and taking to them at their factory would ensure a quality job where they farmed it out to one of their fitters because they were to busy was a big mistake on my part letting them do that
I had mine fitted in may supposedly by them but they were to busy only booked in with them since the December before when I paid my deposit never told me they could not do it until I got there but asked me to leave with them.They found a fitter and told me van was trailered there two weeks later went to collect van paint chip on tailgate handbrake lever broken and a flat front tyre tried to contact Kerri no response pumped tyre up had a nail in fitter put on second hand handbrake lever and off I went with an assurance chips away would repair my chip.I got my tyre repaired and put it down to experience but when I went to camper jam roof started leaking in 3 places absolutely gutted so got vehicle back and took it into workshop and had a good look over there is 10 or so faults I have been in touch with Hilo and they say fitter has to do it contacted fitter waiting for response that was 2 weeks ago emailed Hilo guess what no reply.I was at Rutland this weekend and had a fantastic time and someone told me they were booked up until next feb.I am appalled by them and their service I now have a tea towel for a overhead console in a 2017 plate van are they bothered I think not

Gaz, which company did you fit on behalf of Hilo? Is your van roof fixed? Are you now happy with it? TIA.

It would appear to me, that all this frustration and issues are not down to the product, but poor installation by the installers. The whole point of having a network of installers whereby the manufactures are training other companies to install there product are to avoid needing to deal with the end user as this would require a huge amount of resources and staff to do it directly them selves. this type of setup isn't unusual, but I understand everyone's frustration when it all goes wrong at install stage people blame the product and want some reassurance from the manufacture. I too would probably want to avoid the installer if they done a shit job I guess. but you have to remember, they have intrusted other companies with there product to install it as trained, and as such would have no need for a huge back office of staff to deal with the end user

I'm lucky, I have found an installer local to me that and not just competent, but thorough with there installations. I done a surprise visit one day, and they had a few in a different stages, all having HiLo Sports fitted. I was invited to put on some PPE and inspect all there work on the different vans at these different stages. The attention to detail was fantastic, and the quality of the workmanship (even to the things that would end up being hidden and covered up) was top rate.

All this bad mouthing HiLo hasn't actually put me off having a HiLo Sport installed, as I said above, it would appear to me, the problem is not with the product, but with the installers. However, I would agree that HiLo could do with improving there back office staff in order to handle any installers installation problems more effectively as as you can see from all the comments above, bad news is shouted about a lot more then good. but I recon there are a lot more happy HiLo installation customers then there are unhappy!

Hi, so my burning question is who did you Hilo roof? You never alluded to that key detail. Finally, Are you Still happy with it? Are you glad you had the Hilo Sport fitted?

It was fitted by ady at crystal campers and in the end I took it to Jay at Xtreme vans where I paid them to rectify it as dealing with Hilo was pointless and I would not trust them with a shopping trolley. Xtreme were excellent and very professional.In answer to your question about am I happy now the whole experience was a nightmare and to be honest if it was not I do not think the product is that good anyway after living and using it for 12 months or so never again.

Does it let water in? What don’t you like about? Where are you and where are extreme vans? I have just bought a T6 and wanted to get the HiLo roof but have seen you comments (and others) it has made me think again. That said, it seems getting the right installer is key! Thanks for your response pal, appreciated!

Does it let water in? What don’t you like about? Where are you and where are extreme vans? I have just bought a T6 and wanted to get the HiLo roof but have seen you comments (and others) it has made me think again. That said, it seems getting the right installer is key! Thanks for your response pal, appreciated!
Xtreme Vans are based in Market Harborough

Extreme vans are in Market Harborough Leicestershire which is not far from me it did leak at first but these were fitter issues, as you say finding a good fitter is key and you can only speak as you find and extreme were excellent.I do not like the way I was treated or the way they butchered my van so I would be happy if the roof was no longer there but this is mainly down to the experience.I cannot endorse this product as the whole experience was terrible but I am sure there are people who have had a positive experience and they would be better placed to get an unbiased view from

Extreme vans are in Market Harborough Leicestershire which is not far from me it did leak at first but these were fitter issues, as you say finding a good fitter is key and you can only speak as you find and extreme were excellent.I do not like the way I was treated or the way they butchered my van so I would be happy if the roof was no longer there but this is mainly down to the experience.I cannot endorse this product as the whole experience was terrible but I am sure there are people who have had a positive experience and they would be better placed to get an unbiased view from

Thanks Gaz, that’s great to know!! I appreciate your honesty and responses. Thanks again.

Hi, unfortunately we see this often, products not being fitted correctly. Squeaking roofs etc. Had one a few weeks ago where the side strengthening frames were only screwed in, no glue, primer etc, the mind boggles. It is also very frustrating the ‘butchering’ of nice vans.
You need ask yourself why some companies are very cheap, either very efficient, or very….hmmmm……bad
Glad you got your roof sorted in the end.
Cheers,

Ian

Back