Highline overhead cubby-hole tray - 3D printed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Just inside the front lower edge. It’s pretty much bang on 3mm. Though feels less as it’s angled on the back edge of the lip. I could drawer something up on 2d cad?

Right. There are currently no outstanding orders for trays. Thanks to everyone who bought one, it's been a labour of love designing them, making them and shipping them. I've scrapped about 10 due to dodgy filament, nozzle clogs and various issues as well as upgraded my machine to have a 'glass bed' for flatter trays and better quality. As a result i'll still be doing them but will only be using Royal Mail, decent quality filament and i'm going to put the price up to £14 to cover the costs. I'm sure the requests will dwindle away anyway. Thanks all.
Hi Jono,
please put me on the list for a grey cubby drawer if you're making another batch,
Thanks
Colin

Hi Jono,
please put me on the list for a grey cubby drawer if you're making another batch,
Thanks
Colin
Hi Cakks, thanks for asking. I'm out of grey at the moment so will get another roll in. I'll DM you too...

Yep. Just inside the front lower edge. It’s pretty much bang on 3mm. Though feels less as it’s angled on the back edge of the lip. I could drawer something up on 2d cad?
I think the lip is essential to be honest, it's how the big tray locates and locks in place. Let me DM you some ideas...

Right. There are currently no outstanding orders for trays. Thanks to everyone who bought one, it's been a labour of love designing them, making them and shipping them. I've scrapped about 10 due to dodgy filament, nozzle clogs and various issues as well as upgraded my machine to have a 'glass bed' for flatter trays and better quality. As a result i'll still be doing them but will only be using Royal Mail, decent quality filament and i'm going to put the price up to £14 to cover the costs. I'm sure the requests will dwindle away anyway. Thanks all.
Hi Jono, that's a cracking solution to an issue we've been scratching our heads over for a while now. We want to install a clock somewhere in our T6 camper conversion and the best place seemed to be that little narrow cubby hole at the front of the cab overhead light cluster. After quite a bit of searching around I happened across this thread and figured that with one of your excellent 'trays' we could probably mount a small battery powered digital clock and maybe even an interior thermometer beside it. Shouldn't be too much of an issue to cut holes in the front to take them? If you're still making them could we order one from you in grey please? Many thanks! Paul

Hi Jono
Could I have one in grey please?
Cheers
Matt

Hi Jono, just found this thread - what a great piece of engineering and design can I go on the list for a grey one, thanks

Hi Jono, a bit late I know but if there is any grey left can you please add me to the list.
Never too late to join the party, I've got about 2 left from the current roll of filament so i've just set one going. I'll DM you for payment and details etc...

A tray is born...
(This is the start of the 'brim' that is printed to help with bed adhesion and to stop the edges of the tray rising and warping)

1588325179047.png

Status
Not open for further replies.