Highline overhead cubby-hole tray - 3D printed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.... can you make these in different sizes??

We have a stupid hole in our dashboard that I would like to get rid of. It is too small and doesn't have enough of a lip to be useful. Are you able to make on to fit in it??

Harvey - 008.jpg

It's just to the left of the gearstick. How much would it be roughly??

Hi.... can you make these in different sizes??

We have a stupid hole in our dashboard that I would like to get rid of. It is too small and doesn't have enough of a lip to be useful. Are you able to make on to fit in it??

View attachment 58174

It's just to the left of the gearstick. How much would it be roughly??
If i could get the design sorted, judging by the size it would be about £10 probably. The problem would be to perfect the design without a 'test hole'! Is there any lip at all that the base of the draw/tray could hook over? If not you might find the draw would just fly out under acceleration?

If i could get the design sorted, judging by the size it would be about £10 probably. The problem would be to perfect the design without a 'test hole'! Is there any lip at all that the base of the draw/tray could hook over? If not you might find the draw would just fly out under acceleration?

It has like a tiny lip, maybe about 1mm in total. The problem is that we can't keep anything in it because nothing stays in whilst it the van is in motion.
I will have another think and look at it again tomorrow.
:unsure:

It has like a tiny lip, maybe about 1mm in total. The problem is that we can't keep anything in it because nothing stays in whilst it the van is in motion.
I will have another think and look at it again tomorrow.
:unsure:
That might be enough, you never know until you try. I'd be willing to give it a go, might be able to find that type of van locally for a test. What spec is the van?

VW T5.1 highline 2015 plate. DSG.

It looks like the same dash as a manual-geared van so it doesn't really matter that it is a DSG. Sorry, I am not sure what else you need to know. I am not really clued up on this sort of stuff.

This is what I done to mine so far! thinking about cutting the cubby hole back out and putting a projector in there to shine on a screen in the back! I broke the clips taking it out and need to find new ones to put it back up in my t5 does anyone know where I can get them? A link or name of the clips I need I’ve marked on the pics where the clips go!

BD23102B-5918-4DA0-812B-9F8736676F2A.jpeg

B0337695-39C2-4DA3-B5BF-E6B80817B615.jpeg

AB345A22-9F5E-4104-842D-780917C33A63.jpeg

F7E93F05-FE90-4BBB-903B-5313BA33F923.jpeg

916DD1A4-F70E-4836-BAA3-1D07F3A25AD5.jpeg

5D9BD4EA-9B19-40EE-96CD-E6EF742BDE2B.jpeg

Hi Jono
I would like a grey Cubby hole drawer please if you are still doing them.
Cheers
Stu

@juno are you still doing those cubby hole drawers?
I'll take one in grey if you are.

What a great thread I have been annoyed with that hole since I got my van! Can’t even get my Sunnies in and anything else just falls out!

If you’re making any more I’d be really keen for a grey one!

Great work!

Right. There are currently no outstanding orders for trays. Thanks to everyone who bought one, it's been a labour of love designing them, making them and shipping them. I've scrapped about 10 due to dodgy filament, nozzle clogs and various issues as well as upgraded my machine to have a 'glass bed' for flatter trays and better quality. As a result i'll still be doing them but will only be using Royal Mail, decent quality filament and i'm going to put the price up to £14 to cover the costs. I'm sure the requests will dwindle away anyway. Thanks all.

Hi, if you make another batch in grey I'd be interested!

Hi Jono, I love the drawer you’ve made. I’m another one thinking how good it would be to have a drawer in the opening to the left of the gear stick. The ashtray on my t4 was about here and I miss the handy little drawer.

I could get the verniers out and measure it up and make a card template? It tapers in so it could close with a snug push fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.